2017 NHL Playoffs

Ohtobbad

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone watching?
With no Canadian teams to follow, are you watching?
I have not watched a full game yet.
Some of Chicago and St Louis. ( I think going to be one of the best series)
Some of Caps game.
Some of the first Pittsburg game.

How about you, watching any games?

I'm watching the Tampa Bay - Detroit Series. Tampa Bay has won the first 2 games at home. 5-2 last night and 3-2 game one. Over 60 Penalty minutes last night ! Tyler Johnson scored twice and Drouin has worked out well for Tampa Bay , he got an assist and won't be going anywhere soon.

Games 3 and 4 in Detroit.

Tampa Bay took Game 4 last night winning 3-2. All 3 of TB's Goals were Power Play Goals. They now lead Series 3-1 , game 5 in TB Thursday.

I'm pulling for Tampa Bay. I wouldn't consider Tampa Bay Montreal's Rival cause if I remember correctly , Montreal beat them every time the 2 Teams met this past year. :FordSmile

Tampa bay Detroit game was scoreless until the 18:30 mark of the third period when Alex Kilhorn scored for Tampa Bay sending Detroit to the Golf Course.

Hawks take Blues to game 7
Caps face off with Philly in Game 6
Without Canadian teams, really at this point not cheering for anyone,
but still some good hockey. Game last night was entertaining.
Philly caps games have been more like WWF.

I'd rather watch curling.....well women's curling anyway..

How exciting can NHL playoffs get, when there is no Canadian team playing..?

Who do you cheer for now, the team closest to where you live? At least if they had cheerleaders in hockey, (which by the way, I think not having, is a huge mistake), we could cheer for the team that makes them wear the skimpiest outfits.

You are quite correct, but if your team is not in, its always a little less fun.
I am a hockey fan and love the playoff style of hockey.
Few players I like and want to see do well, of course being from Cole Harbour
Sid's team is looking good.

Blues move on beating Chicago which is different.

Nashville beat the Ducks last night in game 7 , 2-1 and they move on to Round 2 to face San Jose. Islanders took game one of their Round two series with the Lightning , beating them 5-3. It was 3-1 at the end of the first period , then they scored a 4th early in the second and Bishop was benched. Bishop didn't allow one first period goal in 5 games against Detroit. He lets in 3 last night. The Islanders have his number.

As far as I am concerned the eastern final starts tonight, Pittsburg & Washington.
Shows the playoff format don't work.
Like St Louis and Chicago.

I am looking forward to that game tonight. Crosby versus Ovetchkin. I am a Canadians fan , but I am also a Hockey Fan and have watched some Damn Good Hockey since all the Canadian Teams left for their Summer Break. Hell ! They get more time off than School Children !

Back