2017 Mid-Winter MM Party!!

2017 Mid-Winter MM Party!!

• Total voters

torch

Tech Guy
Staff member
Hey everyone, we're planning a mid-winter party where we can all get together over some good food and drinks. Talk cars and dream about Spring!

Date: TBD, some time in February
Cost: TBD, but everyone throws in some money to cover the cost of food
BYOB

Please indicate your interest in attending with this thread.
Also, please vote on the best date(s) possible for you with the attached poll.
We'll set a storm date after the initial date is selected.

ps. Habs vs Leafs on the 25th.

I voted for leafs Habs weekend, I will supply the towel for Jason when he cries :)
As for the party, I can host, or travel, either is good.
With my work, it can be a little tricky on occasion with the weather.

We are definitely interested. Voted for the 18th and 25th. Hopefully get the kids hockey schedules soon. Definitely leafs and Habs game would be the best. Sorry Phil just seems to be more of a rivalry. Haha

Jason voted for leaf - Sens game, because if they lose against the tabs,
he will never hear the end of it :)
Phil is young enough to smarten up and become a Habs fan :)

We have to get the word out, we have 10 votes so far, so could be decent get together.
once we have dates, we can figure out logistics also.

Jason and I spoke, figured his place is likely better.
Aliona committed to making some extra food and her
Tiramisu, its amazing :)

Just a note on the voting, I setup the poll so you could vote for more than one date - meaning you just vote for the days you could be available. So, the option with the highest number of votes should mean the most availability for the most people.

And a vote of 5 means anywhere from 5-10 people attending if we include a spouse/partner.

I think we might as well pick a date and go from there. That way there people have time to think of it and plan. That way there even the ones that check in and have not voted can think about it.

You guys thinking potluck or just ordering a bunch of pizzas?

I think pot luck, but Just my 2 cents.
Folks from out of town might want chip in to order something,
which is cool to.

I think it's really great that you guys are planning a get together like this. If I wasn't on the other side of the earth I would come for sure.

It's always great to put a face with a name of a fellow forum member. I have been fortunate to have met face to face, a few of the fellows from the Cobra forum I belong to, and although separated by long distances, we still remain buddies.,,

I think we will go ahead with this and plan on the 25th. If that weekend comes and we get bad weather we will postpone it until a later date. Good chance for everyone to get together and share ideas of what's to come in 2017. BYOB as stated earlier and maybe people can bring some small food items to have as snacks? Perhaps order out for the main course? Whatever the majority wants.

Back