2016 Atlantic Motorsport Park

You're right on all counts. Just be aware that 1.75 is a lot of camber. Dedicated race car range for neg. camber.
Race cars will run with neg. 2 camber. Ford recommending that likely to extract maximum performance out of the car.
Like you say, it will cost you tires. Check to see that your toe is not open.
Toe slightly closed will mitigate the camber a bit.
Or remove camber to range of 1.5 which is still quite aggressive for a street car and should still yield decent performance on track.
I experimented with open toe before and I noticed more initial turn it bite from that than with any prior camber setting.
But open toe is also the worse for tire wear. Like melt tires before you eyes bad.
Once you know what you have though, you'll be able to set a mileage limit for your tire changes.
You've now seen what your current setup yielded at whatever your mileage was on the weekend plus X number of track days.

current Kms are about 7800.
20 laps per session, most days 4 sessions.
Plan on 4 track days a year at this point.
Would love to do more, time.

Another safety consideration is that it's not recommended by manufacturers nor safe to drive tires after their useable tread compound is used up.
The tread surface compound and the carcass compound are not necessarily the same density nor intended to do the same things.
One has to comply for side wall rigidity, comply over pot holes or rolling over objects and maintain circular integrity at speed(along with the nylon and steel structure components). The other is specifically designed for friction resistant, to keep the car from sliding off the road.
We may jokingly laugh at a bald tire and call it a poor man's slick, but it was not designed as a slick.
A tire in such state of degradation is not safe to operate because it's no longer the tread compound that is touching the road but the carcass compound.
This compound was not designed to resist friction and keep the car on the road.
Looking at the photo of your tire from the weekend, it would appear that tire was at that threshold where the useable tread compound was gone.
This, along with the steel wire, likely contributed to your loss of front end grip.
You did the right thing to stop when you did.
Props to thundr for noticing your inside wear and bringing it to your attention.
A safety reminder for all reading this.
Pay attention to your tires. It's only those 4 little contact patches that keep your car on the road.
A lot of us put lots of money into our cars. Don't do so at the expense of tires.
It's a safety issue and what keeps your pride and joy on he road.
Regards to all and be safe.

Time! That most precious commodity.
Mont-Tremblant has a lapping day planned for Aug. 31st that was just recently added.
But that is about when we need to get kids back to university.
Need to move next to a track or build one in my backyard.

You are quite correct, but you have to see a set of these new. they have outside cuts, then 2.5 to 3" slick.
First grove is 1/3 depth, 2nd grove is 2/3 depth, farthest inside grove is full.
1/3 grove wore out first in first 1000 miles, 2nd grove was low, 3rd grove still better than half when I arrived at track.
Based on what I read, tire was 50/60% wore out, hard to tell without gauge.
What happened to inside is either the settings were off or when it gets to certain point it goes very quick.
I had inspected and lowered tire pressure day before. Checked everything, fluids, tires and good look at whole car.

In any regards, I will check alignment and decide on setting and be much more aware of the wear.
I enjoy the track days, so don't plan on stopping, I may need to plan bigger budget for consumables :)

Be interesting to see what mine would do on the track. I think the 2003 technology (and now 13 years old) would be a bit of a handful compared to what you guys are running. Does look like fun

Agree with both these comments. Lots of fun.
Quite safe place to play. Everything is in your control.
You decide how fast you want to go. How soon you want to brake, etc.
Designated places to pass and rules for communication between drivers.
Best cars to learn with are ones with no modifications.
You learn to feel the car respond underneath you.

We haven't met yet Jason, but the offer from both helimech and O2B is a great opportunity if you are at all curious. I say this because none of the tracks I have been to allow participants in lapping events to take passengers along.
I saw in one of O2B's videos where he pitted to let one passenger out and another in.
If AMP allows this, it's a great opportunity for you to see a bit of what it's like with someone you know.
Other places, only the certified instructors are allowed passengers, and then the lineups are long, or you have to know someone to get the chance. Or other times there is a fee attached.
So this is a good opportunity for you.

Back