2016 Atlantic Motorsport Park

Ohtobbad

Administrator
Staff member
Some cool photos. Hofman Photos. July 1st.
Un99Kat.jpg

Last edited:
details, watch the videos on you tube.
listed under post, Maritimemustang.com you tube.
thought I was technically challenged LOL.

At 6:03 in turn 3, what were you doing there I wonder? Your line in 9 seems wide, is that by design or is there bumps that you are trying to avoid. What an arm chair critic, easy to sit back and see what a camera can show you.

Tough crowd is right. I know every inch of that track and some spots I shouldn't know. For example there is a frog pond between turn one and three. I never knew it was there. And how did I come to find it you ask........ Well I had the pole position and my arch rival had the outside pole. The starter let us go at almost full race speed, normally you would cross the start line at 3rd gear. By the time we get to turn one we were both going full tilt, two wide, with neither of us able to take the racing line. So need less to say I was off in the weeds. So after the dust settled I was almost to turn three. I thought to my self the guy on the outside pole got by me. So I get out of the car to survey the damage and I see Dale, the outside pole car, standing on the roof of his car in the middle of the pond..... At least he didn't get by me........The pond has since been grassed over I believe.

thundr;n5686 said:
Tough crowd is right. I know every inch of that track and some spots I shouldn't know. For example there is a frog pond between turn one and three. I never knew it was there. And how did I come to find it you ask........ Well I had the pole position and my arch rival had the outside pole. The starter let us go at almost full race speed, normally you would cross the start line at 3rd gear. By the time we get to turn one we were both going full tilt, two wide, with neither of us able to take the racing line. So need less to say I was off in the weeds. So after the dust settled I was almost to turn three. I thought to my self the guy on the outside pole got by me. So I get out of the car to survey the damage and I see Dale, the outside pole car, standing on the roof of his car in the middle of the pond..... At least he didn't get by me........The pond has since been grassed over I believe.

No I think its still there. We had a Miata in there 2 years ago, lol. Wish i was there to see and hear that beast in person but we were all at Digby all weekend.

Well considering I have not driven anything in angry at AMP in 25 years+
The school in the wife's escape, don't count :) thats a whole other story.
I was happy, session 1 was likely more funny to watch. 2nd sessions was still a bunch of learning.
with many mistakes and still lots to play with. Now that I have had time to reflect, I have a whole bunch of different things
I wish to experiment with :) Session 3 I had Wife and then Step son in the car, so running a fair bit slower.
Session 4 we took the external mic and go pro and set it up in Helimech's car, so no video of that.
I did run Harry's lap timer in that one, got a few clean laps ( as you can all see, sometimes is a big challenge.)
I ran a 1;20-1;19 and 1:21 in a row. I am no where near the cars limit. I still brake far sooner than need to.
Haven't been anywhere near the red line. and still working on lines that suit the car.
9 I prefer, the wide in approach, not sure yet which is the fastest, more experiment yet:)
I ran the car in sport mode, didn't even try track mode, which I believe will be even faster again.

In sport mode, as you noticed it wanted to slide, by the time you think correction, the car's electronics
already solved it, yes really, limited power and nannies went to work to correct, its that good.
I have much more to learn and to be honest can't wait. Weather permitting, I will be at next track day.
Was so much fun, the car and I love it.

Catching the Z06 Vette, Porsche GT4 and both BMW M-3' and passing with ease were some fun moments.
Helimech was having the same fun as I was, next time were going to run in different groups, so we can take some
pics and lap times. of each other :)

Went to AMP today, to watch the Superbikes, those guys are nuts, but fun to watch.
National championship race. started to sprinkle, but they got the race in man they are fast.
IMG_3411.JPG
IMG_3416.JPG
IMG_3417.JPG

Ohtobbad;n6187 said:
Went to AMP today, to watch the Superbikes, those guys are nuts, but fun to watch.
National championship race. started to sprinkle, but they got the race in man they are fast.

Fast in a straight line, slow on the corners. Completely different mind set.

Back