2016 Atlantic Motorsport Park

There is no replacement for hp to weight ratio. I have had bike racers in my car and they can't believe the cornering speeds.

Helimech, I have the Harry lap timers update, go pro and I phone app, along with the OBD link2
with all of this, should be able to get lapping data, you interested in dropping by this week
and seeing if we can figure it out? LOL :rolleyes:

Looks like a mustang parade at the track today. At least 5 or 6 stangs there today. Great fun even if you are just watching.

IMG_1727_zpsd3sdzjut.jpg

It was good day, I only got 2 sessions in.
The 2nd one was quite hairy as I had lost a lot of front end grip.
Lots of sliding around, After coming in a couple laps early.
Look over the car nothing stood out at first.
Then thundr noticed inside edge of both front tires
had wire coming through. steel does not have the same grip as rubber:)
No issues except I couldn't play anymore.
Now I have to go on a hunt for some sneakers.

P.S. thundr, got permission to post pics from the mustang crew.

I get caught up, I will post a few also.

Ohtobbad;n6618 said:
It was good day, I only got 2 sessions in.
The 2nd one was quite hairy as I had lost a lot of front end grip.
Lots of sliding around, After coming in a couple laps early.
Look over the car nothing stood out at first.
Then thundr noticed inside edge of both front tires
had wire coming through. steel does not have the same grip as rubber:)
No issues except I couldn't play anymore.
Now I have to go on a hunt for some sneakers.

P.S. thundr, got permission to post pics from the mustang crew.

I get caught up, I will post a few also.

The shoes didn't last very long. Funny that we were talking about that at A&W the other night but I was under the impression that you were thinking they'd last a little longer than a week lol.

Looks like you guys had fun. Some nice cars there. Nice pics thundr.
It's always a good day at the track when there's no rain.
Good thing you caught your tire situation before something happened.
I suspect you know this but if the front of your car is open (toe out) this helps with turn in but wears the inside of the tires prematurely.
And negative camber compounds this wear even worse.
It might be worth a look on the alignment machine (a good one) before throwing those new shoes on.
I saw in your GT350 post where you had checked this with homemade or hand tools before.
Maybe worth another look for caution and knowledge. Being as you track the car and like to turn you may chose to leave it open.
But at least when you know exactly how it's set you can consciously manage the risks, knowing what your strengths and vulnerabilities are.

Ouch on the pocket book. Camber most likely the issue, Is it street driving or track driving? Is it straight line braking. It would be nice to figure it out. Trial and error is expensive.

I set mine at about 1.1 neg camber and no track use, but starting to wear inside edge too.

IMG_1841_zpstk5hrmem.jpg

Hey Thundr, nice pics. Thanks for posting the pic of my new GT on the track. What a blast feeling the HP under my foot and the stopping power of the 6 piston Brembos. I have never felt so confident of my braking power going into a corner. Now I just have to have the faith in the brakes to brake later and drop my times. Totally different (Better) beast than the 2000 GT which I have built into a track car.

Great to see 7 Mustangs at the track, especially seeing the 350R in action, in person. What a mean looking awesome car. Saw it coming behind me and I headed for the pits to get out of the way. LOL.

Looking forward to the next lapping day in September.

I am late to the game, another later day at work.
THundr already posted a pic of fronts, don't need to do that :)
I ordered a set of fronts, they will be here 4-5 days,
that solves that. then with a little help, I managed to find a full set
tonight at a far better price and ordered those as well. likely 10 days.
SO will have a full set, when I need, backs are still good.
At this rate, I will wear another set of fronts and the backs by seasons end.
So all set, I hope :)

Wow, not much useable rubber left. Expensive is right for those Michelins.
You're probably right about the camber. I read in his GT350 thread that he measured 1.7 neg. camber with those hand tools prior to taking the car out in the spring. That is a lot of neg. camber for a street driven car. Seeing that he's probably at or over 8000 km by now. That much camber is not meant for that much mileage. And if the toe is out any slight bit, it will compound the whole thing.
I have my camber at just a tick under 1 neg. camber and was getting wear inside as well.
I went to alignment shop this spring with intention of taking camber out to save the tires.
Didn't have to. It turns out I was open and that was causing most of the wear, not the camber.
So we brought the toe back in, just a tick on the closed side.
Seems to be doing the trick. Getting nice wear now.
The thing is I must have hit something because last time I was on the alignment rack, I was supposed to be a tick closed, but as we discovered this spring, it had opened up.

I've determined that it's important to keep notes and visit the alignment rack more often than not.
Like you say, trial and error.

67 AGAIN;n6684 said:
Wow, not much useable rubber left. Expensive is right for those Michelins.
You're probably right about the camber. I read in his GT350 thread that he measured 1.7 neg. camber with those hand tools prior to taking the car out in the spring. That is a lot of neg. camber for a street driven car. Seeing that he's probably at or over 8000 km by now. That much camber is not meant for that much mileage. And if the toe is out any slight bit, it will compound the whole thing.
I have my camber at just a tick under 1 neg. camber and was getting wear inside as well.
I went to alignment shop this spring with intention of taking camber out to save the tires.
Didn't have to. It turns out I was open and that was causing most of the wear, not the camber.
So we brought the toe back in, just a tick on the closed side.
Seems to be doing the trick. Getting nice wear now.
The thing is I must have hit something because last time I was on the alignment rack, I was supposed to be a tick closed, but as we discovered this spring, it had opened up.

I've determined that it's important to keep notes and visit the alignment rack more often than not.
Like you say, trial and error.

I will double check it, Ford performance puts insert card in, track days your suppose to lower tire pressure to
28 and align to neg, 1.75. I forget now what the street setting is. I have never had it checked, so that will be done first of next week
before any amount of driving is done. I prefer it to be good for both. as close as you can get.
But I enjoy the track days, so if its right, just going to have to save more for tires more often :)

I could go slower, but wheres the fun in that LOL.
Like anyone, your always trying to get just a little more.
At the moment I suspect the cars can do more than I am doing with it.

Back