2007 Mustang GT/CS Vert

I do own a low profile one, but trying to avoid lifting from the rockers as much as i can help it. Like that picture lifted from the jack point middle of the K member. Soo far in still needed the wood haha. And well the back, anyone that has other ideas than the dear pumpkin let me know or confirm if it’s ok for a once a year lift at thw worst. (Never lifted this one from there yet....).

I was going to mention low profile jack.
Have had mine for 6-7 years.
Light weight, aluminium from Canadian tire.
1.5 ton also.
Long enough to lift from K member.
Not middle K member as mentioned.
Do not want to stress or bend.
K member at flat and boxed section just inside from outboard fastener (bolt).
I try to avoid rocker seam as well.

For rear, I lift on the chassis on the cupped and semi boxed front anchor point of the lower control arms.
Metal as good thickness and boxed construction adds strength.
Showed this to Ford senior tech and he agreed a good spot to lift from.

I avoid rear diff housing at all cost.
Do not want to cause leak of diff cover.

As we discussed a few weeks ago, my 87 had the same super soft clearcoat as your hood.

The product that did the trick for me to correct without leaving holograms was the Meguiars 105/205 combo. Not the easiest to work with but the results speak for themselves.

Was a nice day today, but not too high in temperature, so thought I’d test washing the mustang in the sun. Far from a good idea for a black car (any dark cars for that matter) but my yard is straight in the sun the whole day, the entire summer. The best time for me is really early mornings 6am or at dusk (9-10pm or so). Early, well, it’s early ? and late, mosquito galore in the summer (joys of living next to the marsh in dieppe).

conclusion? I’ll have to stick with a early or late wash schedule once summer temperatures are there as the car dries too fast at the washing and drying stages. Nonetheless it came out allright all things considered!

typical wash routine for me:
- wheels first using p&s brake buster diluted 5:1 in an IK Foamer
- rinse down the car really good (now it helps i just bough myself a little karcher k1700 cube pressure washer, perfect for car washing)
- snow foam the whole car using MJJC foam canon and Adam’s Car Shampoo
- two buckets wash using Adam’s car shampoo and a Microfiber Madness Incredipad XL.
- rinse off with the pressure washer and dry down with a The Rag Company Pluffle Hybrid Weave microfiber drying towel. Will eventually add a leaf blower to my arsenal to make drying the car even quicker and more touchless.

the paint really needs a good polishing right now as it is full of love marks from the last few seasons. Hopefully a good polish will remove all that’s on it now. Ordered a new one to try this time, stay tuned!

here are some pictures of today’s process and tools

6B81E05B-5D51-4BCE-B632-4FAD7A5E58D8.jpeg96ECE36A-BDB9-40F0-93B6-D0EFF2CEF2EF.jpeg87EE611A-9A33-4EB3-92E6-9DBC8341F050.jpegE3D23716-1F3A-4C13-8F99-B42039520958.jpeg4F9BAA79-DE7D-4029-A76C-BE01821ED041.jpeg957126AF-6D35-4738-B996-91DF840D75CA.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks great Max. I was debating a foam cannon, do you find it good?

really love it, BUT if you can, buy the MTM PF22.2. It’s the best one out there. I am second guessing my cheapo chinese one, as in my picture the suds aren’t at all rich and thick.... but that could totally be the hardness of my water supply. I will be trying the water filtered from the fridge on the next wash to see if there any difference

I have the same using Chem Guys snow foam. Use consistency of shaving cream per application.
Which one of their 55 soaps? Honeydew snow foam? Mr pink? Maxi suds II? Other? ? they have a new beer scent snow foam too. ?. The Adams soap i am using i like, but i cannot get the shaving cream consistency just yet. don’t know if it’s my mixing ratio or if it has to so with the cannon itself being cheap? Seen the canon in action elsewhere and it did gave thick foam... must be me ?. My water might be too hard too ?, will try with the filtered water from the fridge next weekend.

I don’t know why anyone would want their entire car to smell like Beer ?

Officer “Have You been drinking ?”

Mustang Driver “ No Officer, I just washed the car with a spray foam that smells like Beer” ?

That is got to be one of the most ridiculous products I have ever heard of ??

I don’t know why anyone would want their entire car to smell like Beer ?

Officer “Have You been drinking ?”

Mustang Driver “ No Officer, I just washed the car with a spray foam that smells like Beer” ?

That is got to be one of the most ridiculous products I have ever heard of ??

Totally agree with you. Merely stating the fact that they do develop that product lol :p I believe they even have their interior scent as well smelling beer lol!! They (chemical guys) have very good products, but they seem to try to have to many available in their lineup. They have not under 10-15 different kinds of soaps, same for the waxes, same for a lot of other products, where other companies are making way with one to 4 products of the same category with the odd special edition issue. Hard to know which products to use when there'S too much choice lol

Back