2007 Mustang GT/CS Vert

Ohhh guyss.... should have made you try my ST you would see ewhy i tell it is slow hahahs. That thing had dynoed 251whp and 329wtq :) .... and was like... maybe 100-200 kg lighter than the convertible :p

Last edited:
I had an 08 same car and do it the way you plan and you will be happy with the results.
Start with Handling, tune, petes dyno, that alone will make big difference.
Later can add turbo or SC if you need the jolt :)

Actually I've driven a few 2Vs. They 'feel' torquier as they don't need to be revved as high as a 4V.

Yeah i plan to get a tuner either during this winter (if budget doesn't get blow away already HAHA) and the down the road be able to take advantage of everything and get more powa out of it :)
Like right now, I like how it sounds, not obnoxiously loud and not bothering one bit at speed, so i don't really want to touche the rest of the system yet in fear of drone HA! did gave me a lesson on the FoST .... was unbearable! although i know i leave HP on the table without long tubes ...

I found my 08 had ok power, but worse handled very bad, to much body roll
a little loose in turns etc. I would likely do a cold air kit and tune, to improve performance first.
I would invest your first monies into suspension, then brakes., Brakes not bad with 300 HP, but get almost scary with power.
consider 373 gears for torq. A bit better clutch. X pipe will give you a little as well.

So option one, cost more, but can do over time. Build a motor. long tubes, heads, cams and if really wanna have fun bottom end.
This done right will cost about 6-8k but can do a bit every year. 450hp when done.

Option 2 is to get suspension, brakes etc up to snuff. then look at SC, turbo might be a little cheaper.
Keep in mind that engine is good for about 450 @ the wheels and no more than 10lbs of boost.
Any more you are playing with blowing it up. Off the shelves systems are from about 5-8k
and a weekends work, depending on how mechanical you are.

The set up I went with was a lot of work, but all in was about 4 to 4500 including my trip to Pete's
So if your willing to do a lot of work, you can save 2-4k and have same end results.
You will need a very good tune or again you risk blowing it up.

Lot of decisions to make for sure!! :) suspensions and brakes this time around will be my prime as i only focus on the power on the ST and this time i want to be able to autocross it more (without being a back killer lol !) Let's say I am not done with it ;)

you will never stop LOL
thats half the fun, hours online looking for parts :)
Planning the Mods.

I used to save up, buy parts on Black Friday ( someone always has deals)
DO the mods over the winter, ( no Rush)
Enjoy in summer

GT500s take off brakes are a nice compromise too...

Pretty cheap, use standard, widely available maintenance parts.

Exhaust-wise, I always had great experience with longtube/midpipe combo. Seems like they take the drone away from under the passenger compartment and bring it to the rear of the vehicle.

Well, only so much you can do to 10 years of neglect to chrome/clear. Soo much more to do to them to bring them back. At least prepped for the fall run :) quick (metal) polish and sealant to help keep it clean.

Attachments

• photo1732.jpg
    photo1732.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 2
Thx guys! Can't wait to start to build it my own ;). Short shifter should land in the next few days! Starting up good, then wi,l talk with helimwch on the run next week.... ;)

Max, Ford used plastic chrome covers glued to bare aluminum wheels in those years... Can't say for sure that's how it was done on the Mustang but that's what they mostly used until they switched to PVD coating around 2014-2015. It should be possible to obtain the plastic covers and get them re-glued to the bare wheels.

It's pretty common to do it on older models F150.

Dont feel plastiky, but really don't feel real chrome either. At least they are cleaner now hahaha. Curb rashes from old owner seems to point to some kind of metal tho ...

Back