2006 Mustang GT Convertible Torch Red

Time to update the thread lol. Car is in storage for another couple months but finally pulled the trigger on some mods today. Already had some sitting around so let’s get up to speed :)

View attachment 43346

Bought these a while back. Ford Racing lowering springs. Says about an inch and a half drop which will do nicely. Panhard bar came from Max.

View attachment 43347
Also have this three piece rear spoiler. Not sure I’m gonna use it but here it sits. If anyone else wants to try it out let me know. Would probably let it go if someone else will use it.

Today made an online order to add to the list. Went with Ford Racing shocks and struts, Ford Racing GT500 strut mounts, Ford Performance Jounce Bumper Kit and camber adjustment bolts.

That’s it so far. Anything else I’m missing?....as if that wasn’t enough money being spent :ROFLMAO:
Nice upgrades. Moma will be happy now. So she should let you spend some on your 16 now.

If I could modify spoiler, might use on fox, would need to see it.
Big sway bar for front would be wise.

boss intake and JLT cold air kit, would give it a little more :)

likely do a rear sway bar to, I am going light on mods :)
could use a good tune, but dyno not likely this year.

Congrats, nice gear. I think you should be happy with the Ford Racing suspension goodies, I had the shocks, struts and springs as part of the FR3 Handling Pack for my '06 GT 'vert. Dropped and levelled the car nicely, had a much improved stance and the ride was pretty good.

Congrats, nice gear. I think you should be happy with the Ford Racing suspension goodies, I had the shocks, struts and springs as part of the FR3 Handling Pack for my '06 GT 'vert. Dropped and levelled the car nicely, had a much improved stance and the ride was pretty good.
Sweet. Glad to hear positives from someone who had the same kinda setup :)(y)

I’m sure she believes that too.

I believe the drop on those is 1.5 rear snd 1.25 front.

I have Ford 1” drop springs on the 06.
I like them too.

What you have there now will control body roll significantly for what you use it for.

For a few hundred dollars more, I would do rear LCA’s and relocation brackets to shore up traction. (BMR)
Sway bars can come at anytime later.

That spoiler looks like a Roush unit.

Finally got the Ford spring, shocks and struts all put on. Made quite a difference in the look. Managed to take a couple pictures lol. Last two pictures are before and after. I believe the drop worked out to be an inch in the front and an inch and a quarter in the rear.
1B81031D-296C-49B3-8B76-335E90BAD586.jpeg07B904D1-00A8-44F6-A47C-D188C23B6D26.jpegB880BB14-8D8A-4E33-9D05-54A0E141AC5E.jpeg07C4B984-6ED7-4FA1-B087-6738B2194BA4.jpeg

Back