2006 Mustang GT Convertible Torch Red

Just saw this thread tonight for first time.
Nice car! Nice wheels! Nice stereo!
Congratulations on the addition to your collection.
You know, when you own one Mustang you're a Mustang owner.
But when you own two, you're now all of a sudden a "Collector".
How cool is that?
I see you called the wheels "five spoke flat wheels" on first page.
They are referred to as "fan blades" by many Mustang enthusiasts/S-197 owners.

Not to hijack, but Jason and Max, you guys are aware that I have a few of those hoods available for sale.
Neither one has any bubbling. Both are in excellent shape. Only removed to make room for aftermarket hoods.
For Max, I have access to a black one. It belongs to my brother-in-law but I'm sure he'd sell it cause he doesn't want to store it.
In fact, it's still at the car's previous owner's place in Grand-Falls.
Worse case, I'll get the previous owner to give my in-law an ultimatum.
"Pick it up or it's gone". Then you can buy it from previous owner cause He wants it gone.

For Jason, I have a "red fire" one. Not same color but red on red would be an easy repaint, I'm sure.

I'm open to any reasonable offer.
I priced them at the dealership about four years ago.
Being aluminium, Ford wanted $1400.00 for one.

Ha! How modding these cars is something else hey?

Here's a few pics of the red one since it's in my basement under wraps.

IMG_4623[1].JPG

It's been protected by my green hood and a sleeping bag for years.

IMG_4624[1].JPG

When I pull the first hood away the red one is revealed clean and bubble free.

IMG_4625[1].JPG

Corner on the floor has been protected by foam wrap and rubber mat underneath that.

Last edited:
67 AGAIN;n30506 said:
Just saw this thread tonight for first time.
Nice car! Nice wheels! Nice stereo!
Congratulations on the addition to your collection.
You know, when you own one Mustang you're a Mustang owner.
But when you own two, you're now all of a sudden a "Collector".
How cool is that?
I see you called the wheels "five spoke flat wheels" on first page.
They are referred to as "fan blades" by many Mustang enthusiasts/S-197 owners.

Not to hijack, but Jason and Max, you guys are aware that I have a few of those hoods available for sale.
Neither one has any bubbling. Both are in excellent shape. Only removed to make room for aftermarket hoods.
For Max, I have access to a black one. It belongs to my brother-in-law but I'm sure he'd sell it cause he doesn't want to store it.
In fact, it's still at the car's previous owner's place in Grand-Falls.
Worse case, I'll get the previous owner to give my in-law an ultimatum.
"Pick it up or it's gone". Then you can buy it from previous owner cause He wants it gone.

For Jason, I have a "red fire" one. Not same color but red on red would be an easy repaint, I'm sure.
I'm open to any reasonable offer.
Ha! How modding these cars is something else hey?

If that black hood can be bought for $200-250 I’ll take it ! Let me know if we can make a deal! Gerry

Time to update the thread lol. Car is in storage for another couple months but finally pulled the trigger on some mods today. Already had some sitting around so let’s get up to speed :)

6E35444C-E118-4221-AEFB-9F8181FA3DCA.jpeg

Bought these a while back. Ford Racing lowering springs. Says about an inch and a half drop which will do nicely. Panhard bar came from Max.

607929B7-D5FA-44DA-9C6B-445E324406F8.jpeg
Also have this three piece rear spoiler. Not sure I’m gonna use it but here it sits. If anyone else wants to try it out let me know. Would probably let it go if someone else will use it.

Today made an online order to add to the list. Went with Ford Racing shocks and struts, Ford Racing GT500 strut mounts, Ford Performance Jounce Bumper Kit and camber adjustment bolts.

That’s it so far. Anything else I’m missing?....as if that wasn’t enough money being spent :ROFLMAO:

Back