Convertible top issues !! - Fixed

Like we can see work is well underway. It's a long process and you really need to find someone who knows what they are doing and these guys are right on it !! Awesome people to deal with (Violette Ford in Edmundston) and they are keeping me informed of process as I can't just run over an check, car is not next door. It is nerve racking to say the least though as one always wonders if it is going to be a success ??

Attachments

• photo2369.jpg
    photo2369.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 0
New brackets have been installed and while they had the car apart they serviced my cylinders and the hydraulic system as well. Should be good to go for many years............................
When you think about it well it's quite frustrating that all this was the cause of one small friggin' bracket on the hinge that was a bad design from the start By Ford (weak metal on 05-06 models) and they did nothing much to rectify other than a TSB !! That 100 dollar bracket will end up costing thousands of dollars to repair, awesome !!

Attachments

• photo2370.jpg
    photo2370.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 0
Suppose there are worse things in life but yeah it sucks big time, lesson learned for other 05-06 owners of convertibles I guess as they should keep an eye for signs of fatigue on those brackets. By the way Charlie just got back from Dalhousie and I dropped off that stuff to your friend so Jason should be all set, tag team work..........lol

Yep think I did Fred, thanks to Marc's help by the way. Great people to deal with up there !!

You got that right, but you know stuff happens and we're still healthy and all so will be good to go for rest of summer. Actually just finished packing and leaving in a.m. for weekend with the boys at the lake with the 4 wheeler. Now that is something you would probably enjoy with that side by side of yours ??

Yes for sure, getting away for weekends are a challenge, especially
in the summer. half a day lol. Enjoy your weekend.

Yeah it was even funnier when she tried to drop them off last night. I said take them home I will get them tomorrow. Lol

3 weeks this upcoming Monday and still no car :(...............28 degrees out there and no car :(:( .........Graduation this upcoming Tuesday and Stang was promised to friend's son and will have no car :(:(:( .......Have one disappointed young fella now :sorry

Drove up there yesterday to check things out. Brackets are installed, hydraulics were checked and fixed and roof is back on. Car is still all apart and no trial run done yet as nothing else is hooked up so in my opinion still lots of tweaking to be made here unless we get lucky and things line right up. Not sure as to why it is taking so long other than they look like they are as busy as they can be with guys running everywhere, so my guess probably just fitting my car in between jobs ?? Now 3 weeks in and from what I can gather they only have approx. 17 hours into mine ?? Hopefully ready sometimes next week, hopefully.... ??

Fun GT;n23400 said:
Drove up there yesterday to check things out. Brackets are installed, hydraulics were checked and fixed and roof is back on. Car is still all apart and no trial run done yet as nothing else is hooked up so in my opinion still lots of tweaking to be made here unless we get lucky and things line right up. Not sure as to why it is taking so long other than they look like they are as busy as they can be with guys running everywhere, so my guess probably just fitting my car in between jobs ?? Now 3 weeks in and from what I can gather they only have approx. 17 hours into mine ?? Hopefully ready sometimes next week, hopefully.... ??

Reminds me of my last 2 summers with my Mustang Roger. Hopefully You are back on the Road soon.

Problem fixed !!! You are looking at an above $6000.00 dollar issue, unreal the headache and problem that one brace ended up causing.....but it's home and soon cleaned up and ready to go !! Next stop Atlantic Nationals !!!!

Attachments

• photo2448.jpg
    photo2448.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 0
Back