Winter activities when your Mustang is tucked away

Sleddin' is just as much a passion for some as Mustangs are to us, just unbelievable the amount of time and money they can poor into this stuff ??
Most are also brand oriented which makes for interresting conversations, just like we do with the Ford and Chevy thing...... lol
Snowmobiles are just plain fun let me tell ya but on the other hand can be very dangerous if not careful !! I'm always worried about others coming my way as depending on days like during weekends you have lots of idiots out there and you can often throw booze in the mix too, ouch !!
Son in law has been racing for quite few years so not a stranger to this kind of power. He doesn't race this present sled but it has been built by the Frenette's from Bathurst and it's ready for racing if he ever decides to go this route, right now it's his trail machine. Depending on which tune he dumps into it he can put upwards of 400 hp but he just keeps it mild for trail..............so far ?? lol
Some day boys you'll just have to come up this way and try this stuff............... it's addictive !! lol

Sleddin' is just as much a passion for some as Mustangs are to us, just unbelievable the amount of time and money they can poor into this stuff ??
Most are also brand oriented which makes for interresting conversations, just like we do with the Ford and Chevy thing...... lol
Snowmobiles are just plain fun let me tell ya but on the other hand can be very dangerous if not careful !! I'm always worried about others coming my way as depending on days like during weekends you have lots of idiots out there and you can often throw booze in the mix too, ouch !!
Son in law has been racing for quite few years so not a stranger to this kind of power. He doesn't race this present sled but it has been built by the Frenette's from Bathurst and it's ready for racing if he ever decides to go this route, right now it's his trail machine. Depending on which tune he dumps into it he can put upwards of 400 hp but he just keeps it mild for trail..............so far ?? lol
Some day boys you'll just have to come up this way and try this stuff............... it's addictive !! lol
four years ago i made 5 trips up your way sledding really nice sledding up that way i hope to get back up that way next year

I had a sled in Ontario, nothing like you guys are running
but loved it there. You can drive on the roads ( except Kings highways)
and the trail system in insane, can ride for 2 weeks, never drive on
a road ( cross yes) or touch same trail twice.
Hotels and fuel all the way,

Here not worth it, you have to travel anytime you want to sled,
in heart of winter, valley or Sutherlands lake. 1.5 hours.
cape Breton 3.5 hours and of course central and Northern NB
when boarders are open, adds big expense to sledding
when adding hotels, travel food to every trip.

As for weekend in future , I think great winter weekend
if we can every go and arrange.

Gerry and I know a young man who has a long road to recovery due to a sledding accident, not only from his original injuries but he wasn’t found for almost 11 hours after the incident which resulted in bad frostbite.

Gerry and I know a young man who has a long road to recovery due to a sledding accident, not only from his original injuries but he wasn’t found for almost 11 hours after the incident which resulted in bad frostbite.
Yep, almost every year i know someone that gets hurt .. this year my cousin has been in and out if hospital for a couple months, wasn't good when it first happened, they didn't think he was going to make it , and still now he has a very long road ahead if him

Well I mentioned when I first started this thread that we had gotten out of snowmobiling to spend time with the kids and their activities. Since that phase is now over I have been itching to get back into it. I wanted to get into it without it costing the amount of money some of the new sleds cost. So I went on a search the last few weeks. I was looking for some 4 strokes as I wanted to get away from the oil of a 2 stroke and the longevity of a 4 stroke. Friday I ended up buying 2 Ski-Doo 1200 4 strokes. A 2010 with only 5800 miles and a 2013 with 12000 miles. I got them home, cleaned them up and checked everything over. They were in very good shape for the years. Just danadged snow flaps from the reverse and studs. Easy replacement. We registered them and bought our trail passes yesterday morning and went out for a small cruise to make sure everything was working as intended. We had a blast putting 60 miles on leaving from home.

IMG_4503.jpegIMG_4511.jpegIMG_4514.jpeg

Well I mentioned when I first started this thread that we had gotten out of snowmobiling to spend time with the kids and their activities. Since that phase is now over I have been itching to get back into it. I wanted to get into it without it costing the amount of money some of the new sleds cost. So I went on a search the last few weeks. I was looking for some 4 strokes as I wanted to get away from the oil of a 2 stroke and the longevity of a 4 stroke. Friday I ended up buying 2 Ski-Doo 1200 4 strokes. A 2010 with only 5800 miles and a 2013 with 12000 miles. I got them home, cleaned them up and checked everything over. They were in very good shape for the years. Just danadged snow flaps from the reverse and studs. Easy replacement. We registered them and bought our trail passes yesterday morning and went out for a small cruise to make sure everything was working as intended. We had a blast putting 60 miles on leaving from home.

View attachment 72601View attachment 72602View attachment 72603
Shelley and I enjoy the sport yesterday was a nice day over there we will have to meet up some time

Nice rigs, Charlie.
Looks like the bare aluminium tunnel one has longer track than the other, or is that an optical trick?
If it does, looks like it would be a good off trail machine.
Fun in both worlds. Can’t beat that.
thanks Marc,
Nope they are the same 121” track. Just an optical illusion. Last ones we had where a 2005 and a 2006 This chassis appears to be way better. That being said these will be mostly groomed trails.

View attachment 72601View attachment 72602View attachment 72603
Glad you are out having fun with your new toys!

Back