Winter activities when your Mustang is tucked away

2001BlackGTvert

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone,

So what do you guys all do hobbies or activities in the winter months? We used to have 2 snowmobiles for the winter months however once the kids got into hardcore hockey and we got involved at the coaching and managers level we got out of the sport. Although we miss it we would not change it for the world. We will get back into it at some point if life permits.

F184B390-1460-4E66-BB53-90F046F4EB20.jpegE481B6A8-C7FB-427F-83AC-F007E91386D8.jpeg68D6735E-C032-4734-A248-7702B2E3673C.jpegAC203AD2-A6CD-47CF-8357-9DF601CF787B.jpeg8906A353-09B0-4C9E-86DF-967369024805.jpegE0F4489F-1FA1-4413-B6CD-91FD1A5A773C.jpeg

Got to say, here it's not really busy, kind of taking the winter to relax hard hahahah. Usually I get out a couple times a week on my fat bike, to try to stay a little active during the cold months. Been a very long time since i've personally played hockey.
This winter have been renovations time for me with construction of a ''gaming room'' in my basement. Gaming PC will go down there instead of the bedroom, along with newer TV and the XBOX/Nintendo Switch for her an I. Renos have kept me extremely busy let's just put it that way! almost done with drywall/taping, next step will be primer and paint. flooring material and lighting is already bought, couple of weeks of away of completion though. Hopefully all will be done by end of March (Taking my time :) )

Awesome Charlie, enjoy this time, your son is a solid looking young man, the Teams he plays against must be looking over their shoulders when he's on the ice. (y)
Thanks Fred! He does love to lay the hits and stick up for himself and his teammates when he feels he has too. Junior hockey is definitely fun to watch. We were able to go up there a couple of weeks ago and caught 3 games. It was a fun weekend.

Got to say, here it's not really busy, kind of taking the winter to relax hard hahahah. Usually I get out a couple times a week on my fat bike, to try to stay a little active during the cold months. Been a very long time since i've personally played hockey.
This winter have been renovations time for me with construction of a ''gaming room'' in my basement. Gaming PC will go down there instead of the bedroom, along with newer TV and the XBOX/Nintendo Switch for her an I. Renos have kept me extremely busy let's just put it that way! almost done with drywall/taping, next step will be primer and paint. flooring material and lighting is already bought, couple of weeks of away of completion though. Hopefully all will be done by end of March (Taking my time :) )
Sounds like you have been a busy beaver Max. But I am sure once done you will reap the benefits of the renovations I am sure.

I saw a couple of guys the other day on the fat bikes. They had studded tires I believe. I must say it looked like a blast. Must be a good work out.

Well I use to play hockey, stopped a couple years ago after 50 years of playing.
Knees decided that for me. Unfortunately with work, leaves me little time for too much.
Tried side by side, but decided investment - return was not good so sold that.

Would love a couple of ski doos but travel is almost always involved here to use.
so not anytime soon.

This year I have lots going on with business and seems I have committed to
making details for car show, along with other stuff that needs to be done for summer.
Maritmemustang gets hectic, but quite enjoy and end results always seem to really
pay off.

Well I use to play hockey, stopped a couple years ago after 50 years of playing.
Knees decided that for me. Unfortunately with work, leaves me little time for too much.
Tried side by side, but decided investment - return was not good so sold that.

Would love a couple of ski doos but travel is almost always involved here to use.
so not anytime soon.

This year I have lots going on with business and seems I have committed to
making details for car show, along with other stuff that needs to be done for summer.
Maritmemustang gets hectic, but quite enjoy and end results always seem to really
pay off.
Yeah I looked at the side by side route as well. Not sure it's for me either. Not cheep and my wife would rather drive her own machine anyways.

Yeah getting stuff ready for the summer season between work and maritime mustang stuff I am sure keeps you busy.

But you need to make time for a bit of leisure time. Lol

Hockey and curling used to tie up 3 nights/week and every 2nd weekend. A heart attack ended the life of a 1 night warrior of the same age, then into some serious reconsideration. Commitment to curling team got difficult with work travel usually had me missing games every second week. Work in winter gets demanding but offset a bit in summer months. Grandkids most regular activity in winter with some snowshoeing here and there. Hoping for some snowbirding south in a couple of years. Enjoy warm weather activity way more!

Hockey and curling used to tie up 3 nights/week and every 2nd weekend. A heart attack ended the life of a 1 night warrior of the same age, then into some serious reconsideration. Commitment to curling team got difficult with work travel usually had me missing games every second week. Work in winter gets demanding but offset a bit in summer months. Grandkids most regular activity in winter with some snowshoeing here and there. Hoping for some snowbirding south in a couple of years. Enjoy warm weather activity way more!
Sorry to hear that Aaron. I can see having to re evaluate yourself after a loss like that.

The grandkids I hear are fun and you can give them back after you have wound them up.

Warmer weather activities are definitely fun when you can find the time to travel there.

Maybe we should consider a Maritimemustang time share :)
Could be an AirBNB in summer months ll.

It seems to be a trick with age to find what the body and mind will agree on.
Funny you stop doing certain things, it becomes no less busy.

I know of 3 couples who are all equal owners of a place on the west coast. 4 months each. Lottery to start use. 2 months each Nov to end of April. They rent to Brits July, Aug, Sept that covers operating costs and each grab a shoulder season 1 month stay. Wouldnt work for everyone but does for them. They rent some offsite storage to leave golf clubs, some luggage and personal stuff for their turns. With some buddies, a bunch of drinks and some opportunity....anything is possible!

I play hockey a couple of times a week, Angie and I travel a bit through the winter. A lot of our time is taken up doing things for our daughter, driving her to Special Olympics swim practice 2 times a week, work twice a week and to Special Olympics bowling weekly. I tell people that I didn’t retire, I just went from running a calibration facility for the navy to chauffeur and butler to a young woman

After 5 months of retirement, I don’t know how I had the time to do everything I do in the run of a week and work full time. I’m loving it and don’t miss working at all ?. My better half is still working full days Monday’s and Tuesday’s and most Friday mornings so I take care of most of the cooking, Laundry and Chauffeur her to work so I’m not stuck at home. Besides 3 workouts a week at the Gym and walking the dogs, I prefer to be indoors during the Winter months, cause I spent enough time out in all kinds of weather over my RCMP career.

Winter can be tough..and the order I get the less I like cold.. I got out sledding a few times this year, maybe one more trip before it's done .
Dexter and I are always out in the woods trying to find new trails, and views through hiking apps and geocaching when is not too cold , just got back from the Midland ice caves yesterday and off to black beach today IMG_20200229_1254599.jpg

I play hockey a couple of times a week, Angie and I travel a bit through the winter. A lot of our time is taken up doing things for our daughter, driving her to Special Olympics swim practice 2 times a week, work twice a week and to Special Olympics bowling weekly. I tell people that I didn’t retire, I just went from running a calibration facility for the navy to chauffeur and butler to a young woman
Yeah the kids can keep us busy that for sure. Sounds like you have one busy young women there.

After 5 months of retirement, I don’t know how I had the time to do everything I do in the run of a week and work full time. I’m loving it and don’t miss working at all ?. My better half is still working full days Monday’s and Tuesday’s and most Friday mornings so I take care of most of the cooking, Laundry and Chauffeur her to work so I’m not stuck at home. Besides 3 workouts a week at the Gym and walking the dogs, I prefer to be indoors during the Winter months, cause I spent enough time out in all kinds of weather over my RCMP career.
Yeah I can imagine you are not missing work. Plenty of people say that they don’t know where they found the time to work once they retire. Lol.

Winter can be tough..and the order I get the less I like cold.. I got out sledding a few times this year, maybe one more trip before it's done .
Dexter and I are always out in the woods trying to find new trails, and views through hiking apps and geocaching when is not too cold , just got back from the Midland ice caves yesterday and off to black beach today View attachment 36559
Looks like a beautiful spot. Where about a is that located ? Sometimes just getting out into the wilderness is enough to help the winter blues.

Back