Winter activities when your Mustang is tucked away

A comfortable day here....32c, 35 with a touch of humidity in the air. Thunderstorms are a couple of hours away. Some tornado watches for a area north of here. Somehow, I don't mind this extreme weather quite as much as I do back home. Nobody here knows what a trail groomer is. Think I found my favorite place to be!

Ya year round car world, winter is 15 c if not in Miami, go a little north even summer is not to hot.
I could live there, somewhere between Hollywood beach and daytona beach on Atlantic ocean.
maybe when I retire in another 25 years lol.

Ya year round car world, winter is 15 c if not in Miami, go a little north even summer is not to hot.
I could live there, somewhere between Hollywood beach and daytona beach on Atlantic ocean.
maybe when I retire in another 25 years lol.
I thought you said you were on the freedom 95 plan....you're looking pretty good now, considering you're somewhere around 70!?

Then later on in the winter I had two couples come down from the Ottawa region and spend a full week of snowmobiling in our area. And we lucked out as weather and trails were just awesome.......
Marc if you look close you should recognize one of the couples that came down from Ottawa ??

IMG_1717[1].JPGIMG_1738[1].JPGIMG_1734[1].JPGIMG_1735[1].JPG

Last trip of the year last week with 2 buddies as we did 420 kms on highway like trails, just awesome. All in all I logged over 2800 kms this winter so was a good one even though it was cut short with the closing of the trails. First pic is of the new Lodge built in the Mount Carleton Provincial Park behind St-Quentin. The other one is of the Governor's Lodge between Bathurst and Grand-Falls right on "Piston Alley" (which is named after a trail that is 35-40 kms long, strait, and wide so guys were just blowing pistons out of their sleds, therefore named Piston Alley).

IMG_1820[1].JPGIMG_1825[1].JPGIMG_1831[1].JPG

Son in Law's race season was cut short but still managed to win 1 first place, 5 seconds and a few thirds during the season. Local club here also hosted a first class event with approx. 130 plus registrations with 7 outlaw class sleds attending from Quebec, NB and the U.S.
For those of you who are speed demons these sleds hit 135-140 mph in 660 feet, quite the show !!

IMG_1756[1].JPGIMG_1773[1].JPGIMG_1770[1].JPGIMG_1772[1].JPG

Back