What shoes do you wear to drive your Mustang?

I still have yet to see a track, so my Saucony's are working well. lol

Like the Sparco's though.

As a newb question, I know its like anything else, you can spend as little or as much as your budget can handle.

But for the casual , entry level enthusiast......whats a decent set of driving shoes look like price wise ?

I mean, you can spend $150 on a pair of comfortable running shoes....like my Saucony's.

Like the Saucony's , I'm sure there's a hundred different models.......good thread, never considered driving shoes much.

Actually the Puma are reasonably priced and pretty easy availability.

Here is an example from a quick Google search.
They are not from their racing line so not fire proof but with a leather upper, they are the next best thing.
This is what makes the price reasonable
These are pretty much like mine

Also a reasonably priced pair of Sparco.

Those Converse I posted above also a budget conscious option.

28E2ACB0-EB4E-4E83-8062-756A17BCEA38.png

ED570FA1-8E90-4AAA-925B-DA88960405CB.png

Last edited:
Wow those are nice.
Did you get those recently or have you been sitting on them fir a while?
No I just saw them surfing the web.I have no idea if they are still available or not.

Puma and the likes does look nice, but when you have as wide of a foot as I have, it's pretty much impossible to fit into one. Been a very long time since I've been able to find one of those kind of shoes fitting my feet. Last one were Adidas if I recall, dating, maybe 8 years ago now! Never found a good fit since then lol.
The closest I own are my everyday go to the office Sketchers (same undersole as you've shown, but slip ins).

Puma and the likes does look nice, but when you have as wide of a foot as I have, it's pretty much impossible to fit into one. Been a very long time since I've been able to find one of those kind of shoes fitting my feet. Last one were Adidas if I recall, dating, maybe 8 years ago now! Never found a good fit since then lol.
The closest I own are my everyday go to the office Sketchers (same undersole as you've shown, but slip ins).
Diesel does not sell the type I like anymore, but the odd store still has them
Great driving shoe and I have high instep and wide foot, so finding shoes that fit well can be a challenge.
Addidas make a shoe that is similar to above, great for driving.
Like anything, look around you will find something that suits.
Big different when spirited driving :)

I'll bet Fred has a pair of these.

The Sketchers are a decent pair to drive in.
The lace up ones hold your foot better than slip on, so give better feel.
More direct feel
Less play between shoe and foot.

Diesel does not sell the type I like anymore, but the odd store still has them
Great driving shoe and I have high instep and wide foot, so finding shoes that fit well can be a challenge.
Addidas make a shoe that is similar to above, great for driving.
Like anything, look around you will find something that suits.
Big different when spirited driving :)

Adidas used to make one that had genuine Good Year tire rubber for the sole and Good Year logos on it.
Was pretty neat.
I already had my Pumas when I came across them so I passed.
I don’t know if they still make them.

8F9E9C8F-E058-4199-BC11-5B8F9201C0E2.jpeg

Last edited:
Back