Turning a Pony into a Coyote

Mineral Grey

As some of you know I've had an issue with the 3 valve, i made the decision to buy a Coyote Instead of rebuilding the 4.6. Bought a gen 3 Coyote a couple weeks ago and also got a TR6060 6-speed to go with it. Now I am on the hunt for someone with some know how to make the full Coyote swap..I've got a couple guts with coyote swap experience, but they are fully booked for the next year, anyone have any other recommendations around? Let me know

PXL_20220723_125749933.jpg

Nice Al. That will be a fun project. Have you reached out to Brent Mullin? He had a buddy who has done some. Spoke to him a couple of years ago. Jason Blanchard was his name I am pretty sure.

Maybe he was just coyote swapping new edges or a super charger guy. Trying to remember . Worth a shot

Nice Al. That will be a fun project. Have you reached out to Brett Mullin? He had a buddy who has done some. Spoke to him a couple of years ago. Jason Blanchard was his name I am pretty sure.

Maybe he was just coyote swapping new edges or a super charger guy. Trying to remember . Worth a shot
Yes, Brent was my first contact, told him I'm in no rush and want it done right , gave him over a year time line but he is very busy and still will not commit to it.. got another guy that said he could do it over the winter, but that depends on what his work lines up for him, so that could fall apart too...

Nice Al. That will be a fun project. Have you reached out to Brent Mullin? He had a buddy who has done some. Spoke to him a couple of years ago. Jason Blanchard was his name I am pretty sure.

Jason owns Kustom auto in SJ and I have been in the car it is now sold but he has a guy in Norton I believe who could do it

I know a guy maybe two, but hes here, sooooo

Also paying someone is quite expensive. If you have the mental
ability along with some mechanical ability or some help.
its very doable yourself. More you tube vides and info on swaps
than you can watch in a life time.

Late model has 98% everything you would need for a swap
Another good comapny to know and deal with is power by the hour out of Florida
who specializes in coyote swaps, harness, mounts, gauges you name it,
it is an expensive venture, espiecially if your paying someone else.

I know a guy maybe two, but hes here, sooooo

Also paying someone is quite expensive. If you have the mental
ability along with some mechanical ability or some help.
its very doable yourself. More you tube vides and info on swaps
than you can watch in a life time.

Late model has 98% everything you would need for a swap
Another good comapny to know and deal with is power by the hour out of Florida
who specializes in coyote swaps, harness, mounts, gauges you name it,
it is an expensive venture, espiecially if your paying someone else.
I've got my stuff in my cart at power by the hour already. Might have to build another garage for the swap? . Definitely pondered doing my self, would need someone to assist with a few things. Still might tackle it. The auto to manual would have to be rigged up first, plucking the 4.6 out is no easy and fitting the 5.0 should not be an issue.. the computer and wiring is not my forte. Looking at the harness almost gives me anxiety..lol

As some of you know I've had an issue with the 3 valve, i made the decision to buy a Coyote Instead of rebuilding the 4.6. Bought a gen 3 Coyote a couple weeks ago and also got a TR6060 6-speed to go with it. Now I am on the hunt for someone with some know how to make the full Coyote swap..I've got a couple guts with coyote swap experience, but they are fully booked for the next year, anyone have any other recommendations around? Let me know

View attachment 57986
That Great Al good news

View attachment 57986
Outstanding !

Now That’s What I’m Talking About ??

A little update on what's going on. I been talking with Coty at Batten Motorsports since last fall. He and his team will be doing the work for me.. all parts were in a few weeks ago . I took my Car out of storage last weekend, did some prep last week and trailered the Mustang to them this past weekend ..
We found a donor 3 valve to get the console and Pedals set up from, will need this for the auto to manual conversion. A new Barton short throw will go on the TR6060 6 speed transmission. Going from auto to manual will also need a shorter driveshaft, so the ford performance one piece Aluminum arrived and ready to handle some extra torque.
The 2020 gen 3 Coyote will have some new LTH's and new H-pipe to help blow out some air coming from the new 3.0 gen 5 Whipple supercharger kit that i got an amazing deal on.😍
Batten is no stranger to Coyote swaps, they got my new power pack that will marry my car to the coyote. They have all the all the relocation brackets, for PS and AC, with the new motor mounts, transmission crossmember and coolant hose adapter. New high flow oil pump and dual pump fuel pump will also be added. They also have their own Dyno, so everything will be dialed in House.
I could not find an enclosed trailer for the haul so I got a car float from U-Haul, had 2 covers on and a couple thousand feet of shrink wrap😳 to keep everything as clean and tight as possible.
Can't wait for it to be done and feel how different if a car it will be.
The old 4.6 Engine is already sold 👍. Once everything settles i will have few other parts to sell offreceived_706576814149101.jpeg

A little update on what's going on. I been talking with Coty at Batten Motorsports since last fall. He and his team will be doing the work for me.. all parts were in a few weeks ago . I took my Car out of storage last weekend, did some prep last week and trailered the Mustang to them this past weekend ..
We found a donor 3 valve to get the console and Pedals set up from, will need this for the auto to manual conversion. A new Barton short throw will go on the TR6060 6 speed transmission. Going from auto to manual will also need a shorter driveshaft, so the ford performance one piece Aluminum arrived and ready to handle some extra torque.
The 2020 gen 3 Coyote will have some new LTH's and new H-pipe to help blow out some air coming from the new 3.0 gen 5 Whipple supercharger kit that i got an amazing deal on.😍
Batten is no stranger to Coyote swaps, they got my new power pack that will marry my car to the coyote. They have all the all the relocation brackets, for PS and AC, with the new motor mounts, transmission crossmember and coolant hose adapter. New high flow oil pump and dual pump fuel pump will also be added. They also have their own Dyno, so everything will be dialed in House.
I could not find an enclosed trailer for the haul so I got a car float from U-Haul, had 2 covers on and a couple thousand feet of shrink wrap😳 to keep everything as clean and tight as possible.
Can't wait for it to be done and feel how different if a car it will be.
The old 4.6 Engine is already sold 👍. Once everything settles i will have few other parts to sell offView attachment 62560

Will be a fast ride for sure with plenty of torque and horsepower .to spare glad for you.

Back