Thanks man
So here is the deal 275 x35x18 back
245’s in front
Sway bars
Lowering springs

Suspension is loud and rough
Original shocks and struts 68k but 22 years

Everybody craps on most suspension or else loves

Thought one new shocks adjustable and struts might as well do bushings and cambers

Thought two just do coil overs more expensive but everything should match

Car is mine till I croak so at the end of the day I would rather have it right than save a few bucks

All suggestions and opinions welcomed

Bilstein shocks and struts.

Unless you have specific goal or reason for adjustable, like chasing an extra 10th of a second at the track, no need to get adjustable.

Get the Bilstein and drive your car instead of fussing over the next adjustment you can do…

This advice is from Maximum
Motorsports, renowned leader in suspension components, and it has served me very well.

And yes that would be opportune time to do caster-camber plates, because your struts are coming out.

Camber plates are not necessary.
Similar adjustment can be achieved with camber bolts for less money.

If lowering for looks only or mostly, no need for camber plates.

Camber plates come into play if you place premium on handling.
2 reasons.
First- You can dial in your adjustment, more negative camber for bite on turn in.
Second- A camber plate is a metal top mount, like a ball joint, so there is no deflection of the top of the strut on turn in, resulting in more responsive and precise steering.

You decide.
Looks, or you like your car to handle and have responsive steering.

On springs.
Your decision and budget again.
I don’t know that you’ll notice much difference between your SR springs and Eibach.
You’ll have to try to find out.

One advice, being a 22 year old car, if you do rip out your struts it would be good maintenance and time to replace your old strut mouts.
The rubber bushing in there must be past its shelf life.

So, thinking like that, if you do decide to replace strut mounts, the money you would have to spend on those plus possibly camber bolts would go a long way toward paying off the camber plates.
BTW, camber plates replace the strut mount completely.
It’s not one plus more money for the other.

Your initial concern above was rough ride.

Sway bars don’t really or at all affect ride quality.
They keep the car flat through turns, which improves the feeling in those turns, or the handling as described by Charlie.

Sway bars can be done independently of springs and dampers at any time before or after.

Sway bars and springs-dampers can complement each other but fundamentally they do different things.

Back