Tire suggestions/Mod discussions

Saleen has a K&N. Off a Terminator I believe. No idea what came stock on it. Previous owner must have changed it.

On another note, the vert will finally get the Ford Racing lowing springs installed once out of storage. So thinking that the shocks and struts should also be replaced. Don’t wanna go crazy with this car but think it will help a lot. Think I wanna stick with Ford Racing......two options.

Anything else I’m missing??
Get a new set of upper strut mounts- the adjustable ones are wonderful but pricy, at least get the Gt500 ones. 50% chance old ones will fall apart when you take them Off - just sayin

Haha yeah I have had to bribe a few times in the past.

Yeah time to ditch the K & N as plenty have suggested. Then a real dyno tune will be in order after that. It's time. Always just had mail tunes.

Charlie, you are in tor a positive surprise with that combo.
Remember way back when you first got the car, how you smiled and/or giggled at the power?
It will be that feeling sll over again.
I’m not kidding. ?

Saleen has a K&N. Off a Terminator I believe. No idea what came stock on it. Previous owner must have changed it.

On another note, the vert will finally get the Ford Racing lowing springs installed once out of storage. So thinking that the shocks and struts should also be replaced. Don’t wanna go crazy with this car but think it will help a lot. Think I wanna stick with Ford Racing......two options.

Anything else I’m missing??

Jason, you are answering part of your question in your post.
Where you say you don’t want to go crazy with this car.
You should get the non adjustable dampers.
Use the savings to get the strut mounts Gerry suggests, or caster camber plates if you want to fine tune your alignment.
Caster camber plates replace the strut mounts.
You do not need both.
If you chose the strut mounts, the lesser expensive option, get camber bolts to set your camber.

From my own experience with two S197 cars, I would suggest you do the sway bars, rear lower control arms and relocation brackets to complete the suspension.

I would do LCA’s in either case but the lower your car gets, the more impact the relocation brackets make.
So if you go P springs, 1 inch drop, you can forego the brackets if budget is tight.
On other hand if you go K springs with 1.5 inch drop, I would highly recommend the brackets.
For LCA’s and brackets, I would suggest BMR.
For sway bars, I would suggest Eibach or Ford Performance.
Note: Eibach makes the bars for Ford. Only difference is colour, red vs blue.
For CC plates, I would suggest Maximum Motorsport.
For strut mounts, the GT500 mounts Gerry suggested. ?

Actually a real cold air is possible. Looks like JLT over K&N from what I’ve read :)

Again speaking from experience with two S197 cars, strongly suggest JLT.
15 years since the 3 valve 4.6 was introduced, we now know without any doubt that K&N cannot come close to the JLT series 3.
In 2005-2006, the K&N was one option among many others.
If one is buying a used Mustang and it comes with a K&N that has been in the car since the early years, that’s one thing.
But in 2020, I strongly advise against spending hard earned money on K&N if you are buying a new CAI.

I have no skin in this game.
I share this respectfully.
Have modified two 3 valve cars.
Have been on Dyno several times and spoken to industry experts several times.
Just sharing my experience so others don’t waste good money on marginal components.

If you do get the JLT and a good tune, canned or custom, you will be very pleased.
Same as with Charlie, that fun feeling of giddiness all over again.

Get a new set of upper strut mounts- the adjustable ones are wonderful but pricy, at least get the Gt500 ones. 50% chance old ones will fall apart when you take them Off - just sayin

When I put the Roush suspension on mine I had also ordered the GT500 upper mounts which turned out to have been a good idea. When I took apart the old ones all the bearings fell out of the old right side strut mount.

Back