Tire Size 2000 gt

I’m not familiar with either.
Do you know the treadwear rating of these?
Save me from looking it up.

Then I’ll try to look for something similar.

What would you be recommending

That’s kind of up to you, your use of the car and your budget, using the tools discussed above.

I know my driving style and what I like.
I like cars that handle as a priority characteristic.
I accept that tires that do that wear quicker and require replacing more often.

So for me, I like to stay 300 treadwear or less.
I have 300 on my 15 because that’s the only thing that was available in the sizes I wanted.
I have 220 on my 06.

But what I want is not necessarily what you should want or get.
If you want longer wear, something in the range of 400 to 500 is still quite good.

I want summer ultra high performance comfort and handling quiet

Generally speaking, comfort and handling don’t always align together all that well.

A shorter, stiffer sidewall contributes to handling but can take away from comfort and add a bit of noise.

On other hand, tall and supple sidewall is best for comfort but less precise steering response and less confident handling.

I looked them up.
Firehawk is 340 treadwear.
Gmax is 360 treadwear.

The sizes you are looking at are 25.4 and 25.6 inches overall diameter.

Is this close to the overall diameter of your OE tire size?

Another reason you want to stay close to your OE diameter is to keep your speedometer accurate.

I looked them up.
Firehawk is 340 treadwear.
Gmax is 360 treadwear.

The sizes you are looking at are 25.4 and 25.6 inches overall diameter.

Is this close to the overall diameter of your OE tire size?

Another reason you want to stay close to your OE diameter is to keep your speedometer accurate.
Put the continentals on first impression quiet quiet and bite real good

Spent some more time in the car yesterday - have no trouble recommending the continentals and the price was right too - Quattro tire @ montreal
2 x 295X 35 x 18 and 2 x 255 x 40 x 18 $ 100 Visa Card - 2 year replacement warranty - 50K Km. on the continentals prorated $ 1199 tax and freight in

They are some quiet and the difference in the ride is substantial

4 x new adjustable KYB's with struts, new bushings, new sway bars all in all a good spend - like the car feels transformed

Back