Thought of the day.

My thought or question of the day:
Are there no more good old regular speaking people working in on-call centres ?? Just saying ?? And I know our workforce is struggling so I do appreciate their efforts and don't judge their abilities..........but man some are really hard to follow in a conversation.
Been having internet issues for past 2 weeks, have not been able to speak with someone that I kinda can somewhat understand, can't judge their knowledge but communication is really complicated................... The last one just cut land line communication while he was trying to set my modem, after a 40 min wait time. Called again and got discouraged after another 45 minutes. :mad::mad: Welcome to Bell !!!
Next one was Insurance Company, same thing as lady was really hard to follow................... Had to call them as I got hit with extra 525.00 as they have classified me in a flood zone, eh ?? So I asked them what water source ? The river she said, oh the one that is 2 kilometers away on the other side of the Mountains ?? Good luck with that water reaching me and if it does the whole town is gone. So she came back and said she checked, I'm now in a heavy rain fall amount zone !!! :mad: :mad: Welcome to LaPersonal !!! Then she said to call back once I get my policy in the mail.......... what ?? Shouldn't we look at this before ??? So next move is try and call again, maybe be lucky and get one I can understand and knows the business at hand ?? who knows, I could get lucky ?? :unsure: On positive side it's a good thing I'm retired and locked up at home so I have time to gig with this.....lol
So here's my rant for now, no one here to listen to me and don't see anyone outside the house, thank god for you guys.... ;) ;) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My thought or question of the day:
Are there no more good old regular speaking people working in on-call centres ?? Just saying ?? And I know our workforce is struggling so I do appreciate their efforts and don't judge their abilities..........but man some are really hard to follow in a conversation.
Been having internet issues for past 2 weeks, have not been able to speak with someone that I kinda can somewhat understand, can't judge their knowledge but communication is really complicated................... The last one just cut land line communication while he was trying to set my modem, after a 40 min wait time. Called again and got discouraged after another 45 minutes. :mad::mad: Welcome to Bell !!!
Next one was Insurance Company, same thing as lady was really hard to follow................... Had to call them as I got hit with extra 525.00 as they have classified me in a flood zone, eh ?? So I asked them what water source ? The river she said, oh the one that is 2 kilometers away on the other side of the Mountains ?? Good luck with that water reaching me and if it does the whole town is gone. So she came back and said she checked, I'm now in a heavy rain fall amount zone !!! :mad: :mad: Welcome to LaPersonal !!! Then she said to call back once I get my policy in the mail.......... what ?? Shouldn't we look at this before ??? So next move is try and call again, maybe be lucky and get one I can understand and knows the business at hand ?? who knows, I could get lucky ?? :unsure: On positive side it's a good thing I'm retired and locked up at home so I have time to gig with this.....lol
So here's my rant for now, no one here to listen to me and don't see anyone outside the house, thank god for you guys.... ;) ;) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I feel the same. Large companies source out these such calls to other countries and yes the language barrier can be difficult, but Customer service is going extinct for many businesses regardless of country or area. I've also got a few stories over the last couple years, and ended up Switching companies on all occasions? ended up saving money in the end , but for how long ?.

Similar story here with Personal Insurance company.
They didn’t want to insure my tractor when I first got it.
Went to a local broker, who speaks proper Canadian, french or english, and they got me all I needed for lesser amount.
If I have questions or concerns now I can go sit face to face with someone in their office.
Well, when not in lockdown that is. ?

And my internet is through Explornet.
Ok, I don’t have fancy fibre optic or 5G, but most times I’ve called, there was no language issue. Got good service each time.
And, where I live I don’t have a choice. ?

If you didn’t have these experiences, Roger, you’d have nothing to talk about.
Imagine how boring retirement would be then. ?

Getting cabin fever here being locked up so got up this morning and unlocked the door hoping and waiting to see another human being....... yeah !!

Then I remembered that I didn't order anything from Amazon lately so delivery people not showing up today. :cry::cry:

Back