Thought of the day.

I have seen and read about these cars, wicked cool and fast,
did not know they were that quick, but all wheel drive would make sense.

I have a question, article is a bit tricky,
So is the car they built to go racing the one that did 2.1 seconds
or did all 200 built for homologation have that ability also?
All 200 were that fast, the race ones then got different tunes etc. Basically a space frame chassis, AWD, and a lightweight, powerful engine.

Funny enough I was in a replica one at the Woodward Dream Cruise this year in Detroit. The owner is an ex. ford Engineer from the UK. His is running a Mustang eco boost engine, with the boost turned up a little, but not much. And even that flies.

In the Rally X from about 1986 you had a lot of the banned Group B Rally cars, so you had the RS200, Metro 6R4, Audi Quattro S1s etc. All of these cars further modified etc, most pushing 600-900 bhp.

One of the best 6R4s was owned by Will Gollop, his was running a bi-turbo setup and about 800hp. One of the magazines decided to do a test and they put it up against a current F1 car, the title was 0-100 and back to 0 faster than an F1 car. That’s how fast these cars became. I wish I could find the article online but alas I cannot.

In the Rally X from about 1986 you had a lot of the banned Group B Rally cars, so you had the RS200, Metro 6R4, Audi Quattro S1s etc. All of these cars further modified etc, most pushing 600-900 bhp.

One of the best 6R4s was owned by Will Gollop, his was running a bi-turbo setup and about 800hp. One of the magazines decided to do a test and they put it up against a current F1 car, the title was 0-100 and back to 0 faster than an F1 car. That’s how fast these cars became. I wish I could find the article online but alas I cannot.
So I am going ask again or more direct,
the time of 2.1 senconds was done in a factory car, with IE: ex, race car driver ( as all these tests are done with ex race car drivers.
it was not produced by the ralley team or the rally team did not do the time?

again the article you linked is a little sketchy on what they say and how.
and it is not stated directly there, why I ask.
you know as I do, there is a big difference

Last edited:
just for some clarification for folks, if you go look at lap times Leguna Seca
most new hottest cars get taking there and some hot lapps done by ex racing car drivers,
those cars are sent by the factory for the media to drive and write about,

they don't come from anywhere else or special or its not some race team
out playing with these things, as you can imagine that would change results dramatically.
Biggest difference a leguna Seca is time of year and when done like that, they state
that so folks know it was done on cooler days or lower humidity etc.

So I am going ask again or more direct,
the time of 2.1 senconds was done in a factory car, with IE: ex, race car driver ( as all these tests are done with ex race car drivers.
it was not produced by the ralley team or the rally team did not do the time?

again the article you linked is a little sketchy on what they say and how.
and it is not stated directly there, why I ask.
you know as I do, there is a big difference
As far as I know yes the 200 cars were all the same and capable of that speed, all built in the same factory.

Obviously the race ones had no interiors etc and depending on use suspension changes.

As you can guess very few were used as road cars and appeared in various race, rally x, and rally formats, quite a a number obviously went into various people's private collections.

As far as I know yes the 200 cars were all the same and capable of that speed, all built in the same factory.

Obviously the race ones had no interiors etc and depending on use suspension changes.

As you can guess very few were used as road cars and appeared in various race, rally x, and rally formats, quite a a number obviously went into various people's private collections.
I bet and I am sure a few road cars were turned into weekend warriors
I have seen and would love to have, but like the 1965 GT350R I would need to win a lottery
to have one, I believe these sell for in the 5-600k range if you can find one for sale

I love and hate this time of year, as it means we had a great summer
but its almost over and almost time for us to put our cars away for winter.

Its also the time of year we start looking at next years events
Anyone new can look under events schedule and read some posts to understand
what we do and when. Only thing set in stone is fall run, it will be on the Saturday of the third weeknd in Sept.

Everything else is slightly open to change or ideas.

last years events

Winter round up
New Hampshire run
Spring run to Taylors Ford Amherst
Nationals weekend
Taylor show Moncton
Fall Run

Outside of fall run, if anyone has ideas or hard dates they can't do,
let us know we will try best we can to accommodate :)
No promises, we do our calendar early enough for everyone to book events in.

IMG_0298.jpeg

Back