Thought of the day.

Random thoughts on the Tremor after two months and 3500 some odd km of ownership.

Yes.... I miss my Raptor every single day, thanks for asking. If I had seen it on the used lot at the dealership, I might have considered buying it back, but I believe it got loaded on a trailer and sent south of the border, as many used trucks here end up. Best damn truck I ever owned.

That Auto Stop/Start feature has the be the most irritating piece of shit option I've ever had on a Ford truck. Jesus I hate that feature. I can't believe Ford hasn't burned out thousands upon thousands of starters with the number of times it operates. Guess I have to give them props , because I haven't heard it being an issue. Yes, you can turn it off, but that does not decrease the suck factor, because you still have to do it every time you get into the truck.

It concerns me how much information Ford can harvest from the vehicle without your consent, under the guise of "providing refinements to your Ford F-150." Apparently they can just access it whenever they want, and clearly states in the privacy policy they will sell that information to third parties. Fantastic. I'm not a Big Brother conspiracy guy, but it's hard not to wonder why they need that information.

Don't even get me started on the Ford PASS scam.... you should take a closer look at how many software programs tied into that scam that you're giving permission to, and even if you delete the app, you gave consent when you signed up, and no take backs. Sure, you can start your truck when you're in Florida on vacation. More power to you. lol Needless to say, I did not create an account, if I want to know how long to my next oil change, or how much gas I have, I'm content to see it from the drivers seat, not my phone.

The turn signal LED's on the mirrors..... they used to be on the inside of the mirror, so when you looked over your shoulder before changing lanes ( novel concept for some I know ), you could see where you're signalling ( another novel concept ) . New F150's have those LED's on the outside of the mirror, so at least other people can see them.

Speaking of turn signals.... the right turn signal on the dash just happens to be conveniently situated behind the steering wheel in my field of vision on the right hand side.

The Carbonized Grey (Ecoboost) is nice, but I don't like it as much as black ( V8 ). My next truck will be black (V8) or Antimatter Blue (V8), and I expect it will be sooner than later. There's a reason every truck before this was black (V8), and after 30 years of driving black (V8) trucks, it pains me.

Refer to my previous statement and substitute "Carnonized Grey" for "Ecoboost" and "black" for " 5.0 V8".

Speaking of pain, I'm trying really, REALLY hard to like the 3.5L Ecoboost. Not having much luck, although I give credit for slightly better gas mileage, but nowhere near what you would think, and I'm not hard on the gas.

We're talking 15.5L/100km for the 6.2L in the Raptor versus 14.5 L /100 km for the EB. Slightly more kilometres out of a tank, and maybe $20 saved per fill up by running 87 octane instead of 91.

Overall, don't get me wrong, the Tremor is an amazing truck, and there's a lot it has in common with my 2014 Raptor, from hood vents to running boards to skid plates. I would get another Tremor, but I would not buy off the lot late in the year, I would go back to my normal routine and order early in the spring and get exactly what I want for May delivery.

Sorry, didn't mean to ramble on.

Last edited:
I hear you on the auto Stop/Start feature. I got a new CRV in May and it had that feature. Was on every time you started it and you had to manually shut it off. After a week, I considered getting rid of the vehicle because I hated the Stop/Start that much. While searching online looking for a wire I could cut to disable it, or some other “fix”, I found a short wiring harness selling on Amazon for about $50. It came with a plastic pry tool to pop open the center console. One end plugged into the on/off switch to the Stop/Start, the other end plugged into the end that went into the switch. Upon starting the vehicle, the Stop/Start is off, if you push the button, you can turn it on, which I have not, and the feature is not fully disabled, nor is anything cut - easy to change back if you get rid of the vehicle. Not sure if they have something like that for Ford products. Good luck.

Good write up,
I got used to auto start but not my fav thing either .. few other things I turn off
But have a raptor eco boost
Not 14.5 more like 15–15.5

Your problem is simple raptor to cool f150
Still not same

My prescription is expensive but solves all issues Raptor R

If I had a spare $250,000, the Raptor R would be right up there. lol

So far, I found the dealership I dealt with for my other SVT products had one listed for $25,000 over MSRP, and it had 4000 km on it.

$175,000 plus taxes was a little much for a used truck, and I refuse to give them $25000 for the pleasure, even if I had it.

The rest of my complaints are getting to be part of the routine now anyway...get in, put on seat belt , turn off Auto Start / Stop.

Disabled as many connectivity options and gimmicks ( auto high beams for instance ) as I could, which is about the best you can do.

Last edited:
If I had a spare $250,000, the Raptor R would be right up there. lol

So far, I found the dealership I dealt with for my other SVT products had one listed for $25,000 over MSRP, and it had 4000 km on it.

$175,000 plus taxes was a little much for a used truck, and I refuse to give them $25000 for the pleasure, even if I had it.

The rest of my complaints are getting to be part of the routine now anyway...get in, put on seat belt , turn off Auto Start / Stop.

Disabled as many connectivity options and gimmicks ( auto high beams for instance ) as I could, which is about the best you can do.
I can get you one at MSRP

You can cheat auto start-stop by how much pressure you put on brake pedal.
Just enough pressure to hold still but no more, it does not engage.

Threshold braking.

I never disable mine and it hardly ever kicks in.
Like 4-5 times a year maybe.

Not sure if that meets my definition of what threshold braking is , but I get what you're saying.

Thats even more of a pita, easier just to turn it off, then it never kicks in.

Back