Thought of the day.

Everyone on here knows these do not go straight when you move em.. when I was a kid i stood on it like a skate board and my brother gave me a push, it took off to the right , right into a freshly painted car in my father's body shop...?opps..
Left a silhouette of a punk ass kid in the side of a green Pontiac.. and yes, we've been told countless times to never go into the body shop..

Everyone on here knows these do not go straight when you move em.. when I was a kid i stood on it like a skate board and my brother gave me a push, it took off to the right , right into a freshly painted car in my father's body shop...?opps..
Left a silhouette of a punk ass kid in the side of a green Pontiac.. and yes, we've been told countless times to never go into the body shop..
I can imagine the grief you got! Got me thing of the time we got caught playing hide and seek somewhere we weren't supposed to be at my friend's father's funeral home! Comfortable mattresses!!

No more Mustang corral at Centennial Park.They're building a skateboard park behind the train,tank etc.
I think we have gone away from that, even without covid.
When possible, we will do Nationals weekend again
but Friday night super and run and Saturday breakfast and run,
with Saturday night supper and hanging out on Mountain Rd.

As a group we have a great time, some still enter cars in Nationals,
some just do walk through, either way it works and Mustang folks enjoy.

Seeing this brings me back to reflect on a very sad situation that happened last week. The area has been hit very hard with the loss of a young fella (32) who was working on his truck on jack stands in his garage, I won't go into the details but you can imagine the outcome. This young fella was very well known being a hockey player, a volunteer firefighter and worked at the local mill so it touched many people in the area not to mention that his dad is the mayor of the town next door plus works with the Sheriff's Dept. That young fella also went out with my niece for many years and is a good friend of my daughter and her boyfriend, with this his present girlfriend is expecting on the same day as my daughter in February. 2020 is definitely a year we want to forget. But as with everything some good can always be found even from such a sad situation and here being from such a small area the community pulled together and amazingly raised over $76 000 for the family and it is still climbing, there are awesome people in this world let me tell you.

Seeing this brings me back to reflect on a very sad situation that happened last week. The area has been hit very hard with the loss of a young fella (32) who was working on his truck on jack stands in his garage, I won't go into the details but you can imagine the outcome. This young fella was very well known being a hockey player, a volunteer firefighter and worked at the local mill so it touched many people in the area not to mention that his dad is the mayor of the town next door plus works with the Sheriff's Dept. That young fella also went out with my niece for many years and is a good friend of my daughter and her boyfriend, with this his present girlfriend is expecting on the same day as my daughter in February. 2020 is definitely a year we want to forget. But as with everything some good can always be found even from such a sad situation and here being from such a small area the community pulled together and amazingly raised over $76 000 for the family and it is still climbing, there are awesome people in this world let me tell you.
That's tough for a lot of family and friends. Sorry to hear.

Been binge watching old broadcasts of the IROC series from '98, '99, 2000 and 2001 season's on youtube.

Always loved the IROC series, and Daytona & Talladega are two of my favourite tracks, next to Bristol.

Watching these old IROC races reminded me just how good Earnhardt was....hard to believe it will be 20 years in February that he's been gone.

Seems like I watched the '01 Daytona 500 yesterday.

Back