Thought of the day.

so road report, was out a bit, grocery store parking lots were jammed, so I stayed away.
Me walking through a store calling all these people idiots is likely not polite :)

Roads, oh yes, no white anywhere, I wouldn't drive today even though
it was plus 7. but good sign for spring.

Forecast shows rain, flurries and more rain, so even if salt went down at this point,
wouldn't take much to wash it away. Parking lots were the worst last year,
they actually look good.

I have a fair amount of quotes to do early in week around HRM
so will get better feel for different areas. this keeps up looking very promising :)

Last edited:
so road report, was out a bit, grocery store parking lots were jammed, so I stayed away.
Me walking through a store calling all these people idiots is likely not polite :)

Roads, oh yes, no white anywhere, I wouldn't drive today even though
it was plus 7. but good sign for spring.

Forecast shows rain, flurries and more rain, so even if salt went down at this point,
wouldn't take much to wash it away. Parking lots were the worst last year,
they actually look good.

I have a fair amount of quotes to do early in week around HRM
so will get better feel for different areas. this keeps up looking very promising :)
Trip from the Pass to PEI was white. Saw the first motorcycle out today on the highway by truro....was yoonearly for me!

Dealership in Maine that buys wholesale vehicles from us is not taking any new units for now.
They’re also afraid of virus.
They left us holding the bag on an F250 we traded in based on their bid.
Now they are not paying for it.
If we can’t unload it elsewhere, it’s going to have to go on our lot.
An unplanned expense in a time of slowing business.
Never good.

The repercussions on the economy over the next few months will be devastating. Stories like that will not be unheard of. Even if you make and sell toilet paper or Kleenex even when the dust settles the idiots that bought enough for 2 years will not need any. Our health should definitely be our first priority however we are in for Shit show as well.

If anyone thinking of buying new F150, Ford now offering an extra $2000.00 rebate on top of already $9000.00 regular rebate.
This applies to Ecoboost equipped units solely.
Either 2.7 or 3.5 Litre models.
5.0 V8’s get the $9000.00 rebate.
That $11000.00 in rebate, before anything additional the dealer can do is threading into Employee pricing territory, and is rain-checkable on orders for later delivery.
So if you order truck now, you have choice of keeping this offer or jumping on whatever program may be in place when truck arrives.
Not bad, considering there may be a short period of stock shortage later this summer due to alternating shutdowns of plants to retool for 2021 model.
F150 will be brand new, bumper to bumper, for 2021.
This includes new 4.8 V8 to replace the 5.0.
The only continuation, and this is not confirmed, will likely be the 3.5 Ecoboost engine.
Two plants assemble F150’s.
Detroit and Kansas.
They will not shut down at same time.

Based on above and historical wisdom that first year runs of any new car model often see initial quality issues, I have ordered a 2020 to replace my 2014.
And really am not committed to it whereas it is mainstream enough to go into lot inventory.
We had 10 allocations to fill last week so one of the salesmen took my wishes and included them with those.

So basically a short bed crew cab with 3.5 Ecoboost.
Sport package XLT group 302A with FX4, in Leadfoot colour.
This includes tow package with 3.55 rear end, remote start, dual heated power seats, console shifter and sliding rear window.
Options I added include navigation, trailer brake controller, 20 inch wheels and tailgate step.
Going to be interesting when it shows up.

For those curious, my 2014 has a 3.5 Ecoboost and has performed flawlessly. No issues whatsoever.
To reach 90% of torque peak at only 1800 rpm is what is required for a truck engine.
As good as the Coyote is as a Mustang engine, it can’t match the torque numbers in a truck application.
The only real reason I can see to get a 5.0 in a truck is the sound.
Plus the bottom end of the Ecoboost 3.5 is, and has always been forged in truck applications.
Lastly, 2014 was last model year before retool for the then new for 2015 model.
I’m hoping history repeats itself and 2020 will avoid potential issues of a new model for 2021.

Lead Foot Grey was the original I think, now the F150 has three shades of grey , with Stone Grey (looks like theres more silver tones to it) and Abyss Grey (second pic above I'm guessing) as well. I like that six spoke wheel design best of the bunch.

Back