Thought of the day.

Did driveway 3 times in last 2 days and only had a bit of rain yesterday, the rest was snow.......awesome.
We have a lot of snow but compared to the past few winters this one is quite easy going....so far anyway. lol
I hear there is not much snow wise from a bit lower than Bathurst down towards Miramichi as snowmobilers from Moncton/Halifax way have been rushing in our area to try and get a bit of riding done. Great business for Hotels and Restaurants up this way.

Crappy day for sure .freezing rain most all day ..there a nice bottom, middle and top ice crust in my driveway. .lol.. Took some persuading, but got it mostly cleaned up.. ..spent 2 weeks in Florida and just getting back last weekend really confirmed to me That I just don't like cold and snow anymore

Did driveway 3 times in last 2 days and only had a bit of rain yesterday, the rest was snow.......awesome.
We have a lot of snow but compared to the past few winters this one is quite easy going....so far anyway. lol
I hear there is not much snow wise from a bit lower than Bathurst down towards Miramichi as snowmobilers from Moncton/Halifax way have been rushing in our area to try and get a bit of riding done. Great business for Hotels and Restaurants up this way.
I had a cousin that went up that way last weekend to get some sledding in, the guy driving the groomer thought it was a good idea to leave the drag in the middle of a trail and didn't flag it .. Long story short , his arms are just like tube socks full of nuts and bolts ..he's a lucky boy , no injuries to head, chest back etc..

Wow, that’s scary and bad.
Glad he’s not worse off.
Those things are so fast and visibility in twisty trails bad in daytime.
Only worse at night.

We got cold rain and fog all day yesterday.
Temp between 1 and 2 all day. Not much melt.
Then it changed to snow around 9 pm.
Just easing off in past hour. We easily got the 30 cm they were calling for.
Dark, cold and still windy.
Decided to tackle it all in daylight tomorrow.
Perks of having flexible schedule.

Last edited:
I had a cousin that went up that way last weekend to get some sledding in, the guy driving the groomer thought it was a good idea to leave the drag in the middle of a trail and didn't flag it .. Long story short , his arms are just like tube socks full of nuts and bolts ..he's a lucky boy , no injuries to head, chest back etc..

Ouch, hope he'll recover from this and things turn out for him.....
That wasn't a very smart move from the operator, that's for sure. Mostly volunteer work so at times you just never know who's behind the wheel of those groomers ?? Had a few close calls during the years which make you think.
Where did this happen Al ?? Haven't heard a thing about it yet.

That wasn't a very smart move from the operator, that's for sure. Mostly volunteer work so at times you just never know who's behind the wheel of those groomers ?? Had a few close calls during the years which make you think.
Yeah I agree!!Very bad call on the groomer operators side>

not sure exactly , just know it was in the Bathurst area.. he will be ok. hes all plated and pinned and casts are on.. just a long road ahead.. i was teasing him as he is back to his mom feeding him and wiping his ass..

Back