Stupid car folks

Hope this posts OK. For this one I am not going to assume there was some level of stupidity involved. Maybe there was an actual issue to deal with in a hurry. I have not seen all the details online anywhere yet.

Yesterday cruising up the valley to Halifax I turned off the 101 highway into Berwick at 1:55 PM. There was a truck parked in the grass between the main road and the off ramp which the driver decided they had to go somewhere in a hurry and cut out in front of me.

Exhibit A

Berwick1.gif

The truck then turned into Wheaton's after rounding the corner.

Exhibit B

Berwick2.gif

I went down to the Irving and gassed up. On the way out I could see black smoke from across the Berwick Fire Dept. On the left a truck was burning in the field. It was the same one.

Exhibit C

Berwick3.gif

In the end the world has one less GMC as of 2:10 PM (15 minutes later). I left the fire dept sign in the crop for effect....

Exhibit D

Berwick2500.JPG

Give some credit to the guy for parking in a field..... away from houses, other vehicles and people in general.

Also credit for paying attention to get off the highway and reduce speed before things escalated in the cab.

Awesome posting of the clips Mike , tells the whole story. (y)(y)

Now, if the guy was driving and texting, huffing gasoline and smoking a joint and caught on fire... totally Stupid Car Folks. :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Give some credit to the guy for parking in a field..... away from houses, other vehicles and people in general.

Also credit for paying attention to get off the highway and reduce speed before things escalated in the cab.

Awesome posting of the clips Mike , tells the whole story. (y)(y)

Now, if the guy was driving and texting, huffing gasoline and smoking a joint and caught on fire... totally Stupid Car Folks. :unsure::ROFLMAO:
Apparently there was stupidity involved. Initial news on the Kings Fire Dept page is that this event and the burning of a stolen ATV on the 101 just prior that day are most likely related.

Not surprised.
I’ve seen the behaviour displayed on the video clips before and it was never good.
When he cuts Mike off, spinning tires in the dirt to pull onto the off ramp, there’s no smoke emanating from the truck.
When he pulls into the strip mall parking, there’s no signs of mechanical issues…

Lawrencetown, Annapolis County, Nova Scotia
News release
Annapolis District RCMP has charged a man involved in multiple incidents, who was also wanted on a province-wide arrest warrant.
On September 23, 2023, at approximately 1:30 p.m., Annapolis District RCMP and, fire, responded to a report of a side-by-side, that was upside down and on fire, on the side of Hwy. 101 in Lawrencetown. Once the fire was extinguished, RCMP officers learned that the side-by-side had been stolen from a property on Station Rd. in Lawrencetown and that the driver, a 38-year-old Porters Lake man, had been picked up by a grey GMC pickup truck, which was heading east on Hwy. 101. Further 911 calls were received of the pickup truck driving dangerously and at high speeds on Hwy. 101.
At approximately 2:10 p.m., Kings District RCMP officers located the GMC pickup, on fire, in a field off Commercial St. in Berwick. The fire department responded and the fire was extinguished. RCMP officers located a man and a woman nearby and, the man, who initially resisted arrest, was safely arrested after a short struggle with an officer. RCMP officers later learned that the man was also wanted on a province-wide arrest warrant for incidents in the Halifax Regional Municipality.
Jonathan Boudreau, 38, of Porters Lake, has been charged with Dangerous Operation of a Conveyance, Theft of a Motor Vehicle, Resisting Arrest and Failure to Comply with Conditions of a Release Order. Boudreau was remanded into custody and will appear in Kentville Provincial Court on October 3, 2023.

Lawrencetown, Annapolis County, Nova Scotia
News release
Annapolis District RCMP has charged a man involved in multiple incidents, who was also wanted on a province-wide arrest warrant.
On September 23, 2023, at approximately 1:30 p.m., Annapolis District RCMP and, fire, responded to a report of a side-by-side, that was upside down and on fire, on the side of Hwy. 101 in Lawrencetown. Once the fire was extinguished, RCMP officers learned that the side-by-side had been stolen from a property on Station Rd. in Lawrencetown and that the driver, a 38-year-old Porters Lake man, had been picked up by a grey GMC pickup truck, which was heading east on Hwy. 101. Further 911 calls were received of the pickup truck driving dangerously and at high speeds on Hwy. 101.
At approximately 2:10 p.m., Kings District RCMP officers located the GMC pickup, on fire, in a field off Commercial St. in Berwick. The fire department responded and the fire was extinguished. RCMP officers located a man and a woman nearby and, the man, who initially resisted arrest, was safely arrested after a short struggle with an officer. RCMP officers later learned that the man was also wanted on a province-wide arrest warrant for incidents in the Halifax Regional Municipality.
Jonathan Boudreau, 38, of Porters Lake, has been charged with Dangerous Operation of a Conveyance, Theft of a Motor Vehicle, Resisting Arrest and Failure to Comply with Conditions of a Release Order. Boudreau was remanded into custody and will appear in Kentville Provincial Court on October 3, 2023.
Ah ha. There you go. Reminds me of the phrase "And now you know the rest of the story" from years ago on the radio. Thanks for sharing.

Back