Recommendations? US border pickup spot in Calais Maine?

I have had a Kinek account for about 10 years and use their pickup location in Calais, ME. It is at a warehouse just past the old border crossing, near Marden's and the new Dollar Tree. They give you a unique mailing address and charge $5 US an item, no matter how big the box is. I have had car seats, long spoilers, side skirts, and other items that sellers in the US refused to ship to Canada, or were way too expensive to ship to Canada.

While I have only used the Calais location, they have locations across the US.

Shipping inside of the US is much cheaper than sending it to Canada. I have seen items that sellers wanted $500 to ship to Canada that they shipped free to the US location.

Here is the link to the Kinek website: https://www.kinek.com/

Kinek notifies you by email when your package arrives.

The only issue is that before you use Kinek, you have to go to one of their locations with your ID/passport and register for an account, and get a mailing address, which is free. So the first time down, you will not have a mailing address.

Here is a screenprint with additional details. Items on a pallet, like an engine, are $20. They do have a forklift on site.
Kinek.jpg

Last edited:
We have used Ace hardware for many years, you get a unique PMB number and they are really helpful there. Most packages are $2, larger ones $4 or $5. One advantage with Ace is that they are open longer hours than others and on Sunday’s.

I have had a Kinek account for about 10 years and use their pickup location in Calais, ME. It is at a warehouse just past the old border crossing, near Marden's and the new Dollar Tree. They give you a unique mailing address and charge $5 US an item, no matter how big the box is. I have had car seats, long spoilers, side skirts, and other items that sellers in the US refused to ship to Canada, or were way too expensive to ship to Canada.

While I have only used the Calais location, they have locations across the US.

Shipping inside of the US is much cheaper than sending it to Canada. I have seen items that sellers wanted $500 to ship to Canada that they shipped free to the US location.

Here is the link to the Kinek website: https://www.kinek.com/

Kinek notifies you by email when your package arrives.

The only issue is that before you use Kinek, you have to go to one of their locations with your ID/passport and register for an account, and get a mailing address, which is free. So the first time down, you will not have a mailing address.

Here is a screenprint with additional details. Items on a pallet, like an engine, are $20. They do have a forklift on site.
View attachment 62971
Thanks for the detailed reply! Will check them out.

Since I plan to go on the Dyno Run to the US in June I am now thinking I could do a cross border pickups of mustang parts. What services do others use in Calais? or other border crossings?
Ace Hardware. Have always been great for me. I have had tires, wheels, a transmission and various body parts shipped there. As mentioned their hours are the best for early mornng and Sunday openings. Another nice feature is you can open your package and they will take all your cardboard. A nice feature considering the size of the packaging that some suppliers use for some items. They will hold packages for 30 days and have held them longer for me if something happens to your travel plans. The others mentioned are good as well. I use Ace because they were an original Kinek site at one time and their hours are the best.

Ace Hardware. Have always been great for me. I have had tires, wheels, a transmission and various body parts shipped there. As mentioned their hours are the best for early mornng and Sunday openings. Another nice feature is you can open your package and they will take all your cardboard. A nice feature considering the size of the packaging that some suppliers use for some items. They will hold packages for 30 days and have held them longer for me if something happens to your travel plans. The others mentioned are good as well. I use Ace because they were an original Kinek site at one time and their hours are the best.
As mentioned I use them too and they have always been really helpful, holding things longer at no extra charge. Over COVID they had some packages for me for about 18 months!!!

Back