NHL 2022 / 2023 season

SportsNet has some pre-games Saturday. OTT and TOR. 2 games. They can be fun to watch if the power is on. But then again I need some good Mustang + Surf photos so that may be my main plan Saturday. Leave the nasty weather to NL as I am fine with just a bit of wind. Did not expect Subban to go. Never seemed to at home anywhere but Montreal.

Montreal still has goalie issues. Young captain in Suzuki should be good. Looks like the way Management wants to go and I like it. Couple of solid new players might make it interesting. 3 goalies in tryouts for the HABS so maybe one will (better) shine. It is autumn coming up when the "leafs" start to fall so that is normal. Ottawa may be the better east coast Canada team this year. It's a home game for Toronto when they play the Senators in Ottawa as the working class can afford the tickets so it is mostly TO fans. In the west Edmonton is the only one looking good.

Juniors in Halifax and Moncton are a win for our area. Overall it makes the winter pass a little quicker waiting for Spring. Usually Sportsnet and the NHL have some free pools to play in and Carol Ann and I can try to out do each other in the points for fun. Will see how things go. Still some things to get excited about.

SportsNet has their Fantasy Pool up. 30 points to fill out your team of 6 forwards, 4 defense and 2 goalie (teams). Simple format to use which works for me as I like the fun pools and not the complicated ones. All the newbies are in there to pick too and easy sorting by selecting the top of the columns. Create your small team and show you know your stuff. I am Cup2Canada (seeing how it is a "fantasy" pool it seems the right name) and Carol Ann is MudderJuggs (she picked it). Simple sign up and no spam to worry about.

SportsNet Fantasy 22

I tv, no computer soo
Should Be interesting start to season
For Most canadien teams
Major changes in Vancouver
Few good additions in oil countty
Full star swap out in Calgary
Ottawa very active with some big talent and young kids taking another step.
Toronto banking on two goalies rebounding
Montreal some nice young talent very veterans hoping to take another step in
Rebuild.
Lots to watch

I tv, no computer soo
Should Be interesting start to season
For Most canadien teams
Major changes in Vancouver
Few good additions in oil countty
Full star swap out in Calgary
Ottawa very active with some big talent and young kids taking another step.
Toronto banking on two goalies rebounding
Montreal some nice young talent very veterans hoping to take another step in
Rebuild.
Lots to watch
Leafs beat Ottawa 4-1 in the first game of 2 today. Next one starts now at 8 PM on SportsNet. Not that they matter but not much else on the go tonight.

Only in Leaf land, With shortage of D
leafs had to play a couple of forwards back, not big news
in most places, but in Leaf land they are heres LOL

Now new tough guy Mitch Marner is going to give it a go,
has not tried it yet, but already ranked #2 behind Cale Makar
in NHL as Defencemen LOL Gotto love it.

Personally I think the have a concussion problem in toronto
Only explanation for the reports is brain damage :ROFLMAO:

TOR at MTL Monday night 8 PM again in preseason shenanigans on TSN. Neither looking really good yet. Maybe the lines will start to get cleaned up. Both teams have injuries to prime players so we get to watch the young bloods fight for a spot. That can be interesting until the points count.

The Leafs stanley cup game tonigh agaist the Habs ( preseason for rest of NHL)
Should be more fun, as we start seeing more regulars. I know Habs still have a fair amount of youth
in camp trying to get last looks at. I think the Leafs are closer, so likely less kids, guess we will see.

SO biggest question today is Marner playing wing or D?
not often we get to see a guy who has never played D
slot in ranked just a hiar below Cale Makar, you should all tune
in it could be history in the making :p

Back