NHL 2022 / 2023 season

Yeppers. Enjoying the games actually. Did not expect a win in Buffalo so that was good. Goalies are keeping them in reach each time. Seeing a lot of effort from everyone in the group. Marty is a good, well respected coach. That makes a big difference in keeping the team in sync. Blues tomorrow.

NHL rolling into Nov. with only 2 teams not to have played 10 games
St Louis and Calgary. So we are at our first measuring stick point, yet still early.

Habs, 21st which according to pundits would be fighting for 32nd in league.
I am happy with there play and future looks bright.

Leafs 17th in league, with same pundits saying they would be fighting #1 all season
Future maybe not so bright and they are in tight with cap and players, Be fun to watch this.

Ottawa started hot, but still good team with lots of young folks and now for sale
I think most saw this coming. Will have decent year, not there yet

Calgary, not as good as folks though, but I think they will be fine.

Edmonton, well MacDavid just keeps getting better and they should be fun to watch all year.

Vancouver is in trouble and before year is over they will go into rebuild no one wants ot talk about
and with complete new management.

Surprises, Buffalo might finally have it figured out, be fun to see where that goes.

My hated rivals the bruins are the top of the class, I think most thought they could
have another run with returning cast, but quite sure no expected this, how good are they?

Lets check back at 20-25 game mark, a more telling point to see where these teams are then?
By then some will be happy, some not so much and others in full panic mode LOL

We are at or close to the 25 game mark for most teams,
lets see where our favorite Canadian teams and a few others stand.

Vancover, stuck in the middle with too many older contracts and to many young talented players,
But not good enough. Very hard to rebuild with this group and a president who doesn't like his coach
but if they fire, that would make 4 coaches they would be paying, wheels are about to come off.

Edmonton, Should be a cup contender, losing Kane is hurting alot, need a bit more
to make it over the top, but like many tems no more money and average goal tending.

Calgary, considering the summer, they should be fine with talent they have, but not quite as good
as expected or hoped, Sutters style? or not as good as looks on paper? Should be playoff team but
with less than average goaltending, not going anywhere.

Surprisingly enough, the Jets are looking awesome and currently looking very strong.
Strong goaltending could take them very far, keeping and getting players to play in winter-peg
seems to be at the forefront once again.

Ottawa, way below this seasons expectations and another year missing playoffs so it looks
I expect coach to be one of first to go:(

Toronto, well back on top of the world, as little as 10-12 games ago, Meida was ready to fire everyone,
total tear down and rebuild and now, well Back to stanley cup favs, Marner for Hart, Prime minister
maybe even King. According to media, with injuries they have almost superman heroics on this team.
All this and Matthews not even on the epected 80 goal pace of preseason.
As alway bit like a circus, should be fun to watch and read :)

Montreal, Well still fun to watch, surprized everyone with far better results than expected,
I know most games at least fun to watch and they compete till end, but I still believe
1-2 years away, to many MB contracts to clean up first, bring along young guys
should be very strong team in two years.
I would put $$$ on Montreal getting a cup before TO :ROFLMAO:

few others worth a mention,

( I hate them) Boston, doing far better than expected and no signs of slowing.
WHo would have thought New Jersey would be #1 in the league at 1/3 point of season.
Seakle Kraken #5 really, maybe they did get it right in draft.

Some great stories to watch and lots of hockey to shake up the minds of many left before playoffs.
I suspect pics for cup faavs would be slightly different today.

TSN should stand for Toronto Sports Network.

Watched That’s Hockey earlier.

First 20 plus minutes all on Toronto, blah, blah, blah!
And just before show ends, ho and by the way, we have a couple of teams out west with a word on Calgary, Edmonton and recent Vancouver success.

No mention at all about Ottawa or Montreal. ?‍♂️

Ya TSN and Sports net are nut right now, I watched 20 minutes of TSN and had to turn channel.
Good on TO for thier streak, but Media has lost thier minds. Marner is now best player in hockey I hear.
Murry is better now than when he won Stanley cup.

Sin we can't get sports channel with some level of Balance

Christmas Break is over and approaching halfway point
should start to see some separation.

Leafs Media is full on band wagon mode and whipping the horses.
I suspect like last few years we know nothing until playoff time.

Overall most games I have watched have been quite good
Game is crazy fast, hope to venture into live sports next year again:)

Sorry I couldn't resist, its to funny

322711600_3397303237219449_925437942101488058_n.jpg

Back