NHL 2021

Interesting follow up to above.
The Habs’ grip on the province is so entrenched that it contributed to the sale of the Nordics.
And, probably was an obstacle to their return in recent years.

One of the major reasons the Nordics had to sell was not because they could not ice a competitive team.
They were deprived important revenue because Montreal controlled the Hockey TV rights in the province and would mot share or allow flexibility for the Nordics to get a piece of the pie.

Without TV revenue, then the Nordics became disadvantaged financially.

You could always watch Hockey Night in Canada on the Punjabi channel. The commentators are pretty animated, even if you can’t understand them.
Actually I should clarify a little better
Toronto is playing anyone CBC is brutal.
TSN is not bad,

I expect French TV or Radio would be exceptional bias.
But if listening to in my truck, I get on local radio
if Montreal is playing at home
TSN radio, half english broadcasters half French.
Not bad, if Montreal is playing bad French broadcaster
are not kind lol.

Media is so bias about TO, not 100% sure why
I understand the market is huge but they are playing like crap
and your watching it and they are sugar coating it.

I would like to think the fans are mostly hockey folks and can see it
call the game, the way it is regardless of whos playing.

Interesting follow up to above.
The Habs’ grip on the province is so entrenched that it contributed to the sale of the Nordics.
And, probably was an obstacle to their return in recent years.

One of the major reasons the Nordics had to sell was not because they could not ice a competitive team.
They were deprived important revenue because Montreal controlled the Hockey TV rights in the province and would mot share or allow flexibility for the Nordics to get a piece of the pie.

Without TV revenue, then the Nordics became disadvantaged financially.
I will agree with part of the that, but remember what happen when they went to Colorado
that was quebecs team and to say competive would be understatement
Isn't TO blocking 2nd team in southern Ontario? same reasons/

Actually, you should watch Montreal on Radio Canada.
There you would really see a broadcast that is one sided.
For those Quebecois commentators, There is only One team.
Radio Canada hasn’t carried the Canadiens games in a long time.

Wednesday and Fridays games are on RDS.

I stopped watching Habs games with n English years ago cause during the Intermissions they would talk about every team but the Habs.
On RDS and TVA they talk about All the Teams.

Yah, you’re right.
RDS I should have said.
It basically replaces what Radio Canada used to be.

I must admit I don’t watch the french channel, translation: Quebec channel, because I find them way too biased toward Canadians.

I will agree with part of the that, but remember what happen when they went to Colorado
that was quebecs team and to say competive would be understatement
Isn't TO blocking 2nd team in southern Ontario? same reasons/

That’s what I meant when I said “they did not sell because they could not ice a competitive team”, the team that became the Avalanche.

They had a good team with good first round picks in Sakic and Lindros, traded for Peter Forsberg.
It just wasn’t sustainable financially without TV revenue.

Yah, you’re right.
RDS I should have said.
It basically replaces what Radio Canada used to be.

I must admit I don’t watch the french channel, translation: Quebec channel, because I find them way too biased toward Canadians.
And the Ontario Stations are way too biased towards the Leafs

So as a Habs Fan it’s a No Brainer.
If you Love Boston so much you should Move there ????

Another year and another big conversation about how biased the commentating is :LOL:

We all know it lol. Beating that poor horse over and over and over.

One correction. The Bruins commentators are BY FAR the worst in the league. They are terrible and so biased it feels like nails on a chalkboard when I hear Edwards start talking :p I will listen to any other combo in the league.

Oh TSN. You even make me shake my head. Mathews winning the scoring race as per your odds eh? Really? What has he done to deserve that nod? Ever heard of a guy called McDavid?? Anyway they are very pro Leafs as was mentioned before (cue that poor horse) but I as a Leafs fan even get tired of it.

Ok enough about that. Bring on the hockey. We need something different to watch and enjoy on TV :)(y)

Things are what they are.
I’ll just remind interested parties of this tid bit.

NESN, the network that broadcasts the Bruins is a regional network as their call letters state clearly: New England Sports Network.
Since the Hartford Whalers no longer exist, the Bruins are the only team in their target audience region.
They are basically the house announcers.

On the other hand, TSN and RDS advertise themselves as being, and are Canada’s national sports broadcasters.
I don’t know about others, but my geography lessons tell me that that means more than the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) for TSN and more than Montreal for RDS.

But I digress.

Your point about Mathews and McDavid is an excellent one Jason.

You go brother. ????

Things are what they are.
I’ll just remind interested parties of this tid bit.

NESN, the network that broadcasts the Bruins is a regional network as their call letters state clearly: New England Sports Network.
Since the Hartford Whalers no longer exist, the Bruins are the only team in their target audience region.
They are basically the house announcers.

On the other hand, TSN and RDS advertise themselves as being, and are Canada’s national sports broadcasters.
I don’t know about others, but my geography lessons tell me that that means more than the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) for TSN and more than Montreal for RDS.

But I digress.

Your point about Mathews and McDavid is an excellent one Jason.

You go brother. ????
Yep I totally get that. Home announcers of course are biased. But there is being biased and then there are the NESN crew. I’ve never heard anything like it. Could be a high stick to the face with a two hander and they’d say he asked for it and shouldn’t be a penalty lol.

I gave my thoughts on TSN above. They are biased no doubt and today I see a vezina chat and who might win. Picture shows Andersen lol. Of course it does :LOL: Get into the odds and he isn’t there but still lol

Last edited:
I am looking forward to, tonight.
I know the experts will be out after game
one, saying who is going to win everything lol.

But its a real strange year, to say the least.
2 week training camp, no exhibition games,
far amount of player movement, winning early will
be big help with shorten season, every point counts,
But I susepct it will take most teams 10 games to get rolling.

Also I beleive injiuries always factor, but this year more than ever
should be interesting season. Good luck everyone and enjoy. :)

Back