NH Dyno Run

Hopefully it is nothing major Al.

That shot of the 6 cars on Old Orchard Beach is awesome!! 3 Coups and 3-Verts
Don't think we got any pics in Old Orchard. We got split up due to extremely heavy traffic, there was a huge Corvette meet on the main street that made getting around ever worse. we finally found a church parking lot were we parked and walked down to the beach for lunch and drinks.. Top pic is Kennebunkport Beach, second is Hampton Beach and third pick is Wells.

The few year gap in the Dyno trip was broke and we finally got together and made another great weekend. Trevor detailed it out pretty good. I got my air / fuel adjusted by Pete, but as Trevor mentioned, I have some valve train noise, so will be taking off the covers this week to check cam wear and check valve lash. Not overly concerned at this point, as the side roads to Mexico didn't show any black smoke or foul smell. So hoping for easy fix. If not, then I will have to weigh some options of rebuild and forging the bottom end and rebuilding or upgrading heads or just drop a donor engine in.. the drive through mexico to get to Pete's is always fun, and the coastal drive to Bangor is picturesque. View attachment 56648View attachment 56649View attachment 56650View attachment 56651View attachment 56652View attachment 56653
Hopefully Al everything is good

Well as some of the pics guys posted, day two is alot less mexico and much more
coastal cruising, equally fun and a different way.

Day two starts with plan to head to old #1 which over the years always seems to be a challenge
as we all needed fuel for cars and coffee fuel for us and breakfast was mentioned as a must

So off we go with a plan to get off on the #1 and then head to Hampton beach.
Well as always on Sat morning, we can't seem to get our first stop right, this year
it was my fault I was leading and missed the #1 exit and 5 minutes later we are at the beach,
you seen the pics and views, no one was upset. what a beautiful spot.

It was early so only a few cars and a few folks walking the board walk, but there was some ladies doing yoga on the beach
I thought a couple guys were considering taking up yoga ? but the lack of coffee and more than one wobbly pop
the night before helped curb the urge ?

Back along the suties and shops over looking the beach, was a little coffee shop and the patrons said best coffee on the beach,
so we headed over, I needed a washroom, they did not have, but musta of liked me and let me use the staff washroom:)
The older Lebanese Husband and wife and there son I expect were running this little shop with great feel, smells and aroma.
The lady treaed us like she was our grand mother, thus all of us order a bagel, with bacom, egg and cheese.
I will go on record as saying best breakfast snadwich I ever ate, coffee was real good also.

Were outside with that view sitting at tables eating, Aaron had a hard time with his hands and dropped half a sandwich
in his lap, she insisted on fixing sandwhich and cleaning up Aaron like he was 5 :) Amazing people
Glenn got the Sausage and 20 minute later looking for a washroom the nice folks wisely gave him directions to the public bathroom:ROFLMAO:

Now we are fed, got coffee and started our day with as nice of view of Atlantic ocean you could want.
Now whats the next part of plan ?

We decided to follow 1A for 10-15 minutes and then make our way back to one as we were all under a 1/4 of a tank.
the drive was 15-20 mph ( long way from Mexico now) but the roads, view and twisted little roads was a great start.
Back to the #1, found gas, ahhh some 93 octane :)

Now 20 minutes up the #1, then back down side road to Kennabunk port beach, another beautiful spot
with old victorian houses over looking the water and ofcourse another stop to enjoy the views and occasional jogger going by ;)
Following the coast along the nuber 1a and 1 is incredible, some of the small towns and views were incredible,
we all noticed 95% of properties were extremely well kept, with no garbage on sides of roads and roads that were very nice to drive
on, ( not quite like the Slalom courses we are used to here.

With another stop under the belt, then plan was to wander along the roads to Old orchard Beach and should be there 12:30 -1 so seemed like a beachfront lucnh was in order, but of course nothing is easy. Heading in I am leading with Aaron following but hes giving me is maps instructions
this part not likely well thought out, traffic is heavy now and we lost Al, where how no one knows lol.

SO we stop I call Al, as we sit on side of road, tell him where we are, he says be there in a minute, 15 minutes later still no Al
Call again is at main turn off to beach at oppsite end of road were on :rolleyes:, so now I say staythere, we will find you.
makes sense, 5 cars looking for 1 right ?:unsure:

We go down to beach level too soon, gps at its finest :cautious:
some now working our way to top, no parking a bucnh of chevy's blocking main street with police help
Parking $20 bucks, so We find an empty Church parking lot. WIth a prayer we hoped our cars would not be gated in
or towed while we search for a good lunch :)

Wondering thru the vettes, I realize I could never dress like these folks unless I lose my mined and someone else is dressing me :ROFLMAO:
Some were nice but weird bunch, not the down to earth type us Mustang folks are :) But we are polite and look and make no bad comments about cheby owners, get through and find a nice restruant right on main corner by peir and happy time, we are ordering food, life is good.

We here A vette starting about every 2-3 minutes, likely as fast as CAA can boost them LOL.
Most raving there cars and likely never been to mexico, but they sound fast :)

A couple of pics of downtown old orchard beach.
the famous Pier
EB75B48D-0D24-42A7-BFF8-1438A5C1922E.jpeg
watering hole were we ate
B47F84A1-18BC-45BE-8418-989A05F688D7.jpeg
arcade and roller coaster to left, walkway and main street straight ahead, always packed and 5 times busier after school lets out for season
B1360D6C-E360-4307-9A71-A153E7EDD100.jpeg

We make our way back up the hill, to realize our prayers were anwsered and our cars are still there
and we are not lcoked in, now off to portland then freeport. Nice easy drive enjoy the sights
and after free port and a wuick stop, we head up I95 to Bangor. no major events
fairly come for interstate driving we arrive at the motel for the night.
ahhh miller time, I will save the evning adventure for tomorrow night edition :)

Last edited:
So we roll into Bangor, basic hotel, we have stayed there before,
clean and close to everything so once checked in, a few folks realized beer stocks are low
so off they go, now in the US you can buy 36 beer for about 30 bucks so fill your trunk
attitude was in play.

We have about 15 or so beer in coolers in fridge, but when the boys come back with a 36
a 24 and 12 pack I start laughing. I reminded them they can only take 12 across the boarder
long faces for about 2 minutes, then they said, well we have to drink them?

Now we had a great breakfast, a big nice/ late lunch so no one felt like going to a restaurant
so maybe we will order a pizza or 2 or 3 :unsure: AL was sneaky and went to 5 guys brings back burger
but told no one, ok for other folks think about coming, going out and buying one burger with 6 guys and beer in the room is a good way
to get mugged, he offered up the fries as a peace offering and we let him live, lucky for him no one was starving.

So the beeer is flowing the jokes are going and the tales are getting taller. Oh ya better order Pizza, Aaron says hes got it,
calls dominos, orders 3 pizzas and they offer hime deal on large :oops: tell him 45 minutes, perfect we say :)
So 55 minutes later he calls and they say its on the way, well 45 mintues later Aaron calls again
this time he is told they are making it now, be there in no time:unsure::ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

I have lost faith so I call papa johns and order 2 more :) were getting hungry and few guys are fairly well lubbed by now
Some of us are less so :) so to sets of pizzas coming, only took me 2 phone calls and two languages to get our order in,
we are thinking we might stavre at this point.

Now of course because I ordered 2 pizzas, Aarons shows up 10 minutes later, So I called 2 times
but cancelled mine, they were not made yet, so in my mind, someone got theres in 40 mintues instead of an hour, life is good
only took 2 hours to get pizza and we couldn't pick up, as not one could legally drive at this point.
Pizza was great, night is winding down, couple guys off to bed and sure enough
Papa johns deleviery driver calls me Pizza is here :oops: I told them I cancelled 45 minutes ago
so off they went. Now what makes this real funny is I wake up in moring taking stuff out to car
haveing a coffee and look across the road at the strip mall there is Dominos pizza
5 minute walk even if drunk :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So we get our cars loaded and I do the fast wipe, cars are a mess
and Bangor is hard to find decent DIY or touchless wash so ok but not great.
We stop at Macdonalds, fews guys have a quick bite, I am good with coffee
and were ready for run home.

Jason is going to lead, puts home in GPS and off we go.
Ariline route, home of the state troopers :) We are humming along pretty good but not mexico territory
I am at the back, toyota truck following decent distant back and we are about 15 mph over,
not a big deal but enough and you gotta love the midnight rare blue maine state troopers use
easy to spot, I catch him coming behind toyota a real good distannce back, radio everyone we get slowed down
to 4-5 over. He passed toyota and is right behind me, not sure if hes waiting to pass or thinking about pulling us over
or me :oops: Ahhh but the Mustang Gods are with us a corrola going there way, way to fast draws the troopers attention
and fast U-turn and hes gone other way, back to 20 over and away we go :)

Passed another one sitting in the weeds but musta been doing paper work, he never lifted his head or catching few
but early so maybe rough night, but last of PO PO we see. Irivng in Calais, last stop for cheap fuel
for all the whining you hear in the US about high prices, still almost half what were paying.
So fule, coffee, bottle of water and owe, I should buy some beer ( ya go figure now were under quota,
only one left in my firdge in morning :ROFLMAO: so I buy a 12 pack, besides last time I toldborader gurde I bought nothing, he
wanted to look in my trunk, so the whole $12 dollars it cost at a gas station, I got some cheap beer for home
and no questions at the boarder, double bonus.

now 6 mustangs and Glenn, to go through both ways with no one being checked could be a run record :)
Were off, now not to put a jinx on it, but I have not seen a cop in NB highways in over 5 years so
giddi-up 140, oh and back tp Km's now is in Canada, try to keep it in local language for the locals :)

Stop for another quick coffee, tims now and running though St john, we say goodbye to Al
he will be home before noon. Now off to big stop in Salisbury, we get there in no time
Final fuel up for last run home, Perry is awarded the Golden sombrero ofr is ability to adjust and keep up
other saying wow a few times, he caught on quick and occasional did the off shoot into Mexico with no promting from us.
No longer a run rookie he is baptized and we will need a new person for next year to break in :)
Off he heads to home, now only 4

Aaron is next to peel off and takes the Shediac exit, as better roads to Bridge.
and down to 3. we run all the way to tims in Truro, stop for coffee and last quick chat and off
we got, Jason and Glenn both get off at fall river, there can be only one
was their any doubt it would be me?

I drove through 3 - 20 second showers, almost like a car wash, hmmm no soap.
pulled in driverway at 3:45 pm, to happy wife and puppy :)
cleaned out car, fast bath for car and sadly about 1.5 hours of work, then
another dyno run complete :)

I left out a few details, but nothing earth shattering mostly stuff you can't say in public anymore as someone will be offended :)

My final thoughts, this was a great run, maybe better than the first one 8-10 years ago
when I was the rookie. and doing drag races with Jody on the I-95 north and 4 mustangs slowing down traffic to give us some room ?
I am sure were past statue of limitations on that one :)

2019 was our last run and I am still smiling as it maybe only 3 days
but 80% drive time, love watching cars on the dyno, the jokes, stories and
car chat, is a true cars guys heaven. I am still smiling.

From Thursday night supper in Moncton with guys and a few locals
ALways great to see Mustang folks, to the run itself, I want to thank all the guys
for a great weekend and can't wait for next year.

Now, 10 days and our spring run , more seat time more Mustang friends
Going to be a great summer, thanks for memories, can't for the next time. ?

Agreed, it was an amazing trip. Can’t put into words how I felt behind the wheel following along with a more experienced and comfortable “Mexico Team”. When asked at work yesterday and today about the trip, I asked if they’ve ever watched Fast and Furious movie….. Most lane changes almost felt orchestrated, Adrenalin was definitely running.
One detail Trevor left out, every interstate on ramp, exiting from toll or pulling out from Stop Sign or Lights felt like I was in The Cannonball Run movie from the 80’s. Let’s just say there’s no carbon in any of those six (6) Stangs.
I also got to give props to the Verte crew, Glenn and Aaron. Top down, sun and breeze and definitely a better view along the waterfront ??
It’s a trip I won’t forget and already planning on mods for 2022-2023 season before back on Dyno in 2023. Hmmm, long tube headers? Cat delete?
BE4FF78D-B996-4CCB-907B-515DAC3FD60E.jpeg

Agreed, it was an amazing trip. Can’t put into words how I felt behind the wheel following along with a more experienced and comfortable “Mexico Team”. When asked at work yesterday and today about the trip, I asked if they’ve ever watched Fast and Furious movie….. Most lane changes almost felt orchestrated, Adrenalin was definitely running.
One detail Trevor left out, every interstate on ramp, exiting from toll or pulling out from Stop Sign or Lights felt like I was in The Cannonball Run movie from the 80’s. Let’s just say there’s no carbon in any of those six (6) Stangs.
I also got to give props to the Verte crew, Glenn and Aaron. Top down, sun and breeze and definitely a better view along the waterfront ??
It’s a trip I won’t forget and already planning on mods for 2022-2023 season before back on Dyno in 2023. Hmmm, long tube headers? Cat delete?
View attachment 56719
Great numbers there

So we roll into Bangor, basic hotel, we have stayed there before,
clean and close to everything so once checked in, a few folks realized beer stocks are low
so off they go, now in the US you can buy 36 beer for about 30 bucks so fill your trunk
attitude was in play.

We have about 15 or so beer in coolers in fridge, but when the boys come back with a 36
a 24 and 12 pack I start laughing. I reminded them they can only take 12 across the boarder
long faces for about 2 minutes, then they said, well we have to drink them?

Now we had a great breakfast, a big nice/ late lunch so no one felt like going to a restaurant
so maybe we will order a pizza or 2 or 3 :unsure: AL was sneaky and went to 5 guys brings back burger
but told no one, ok for other folks think about coming, going out and buying one burger with 6 guys and beer in the room is a good way
to get mugged, he offered up the fries as a peace offering and we let him live, lucky for him no one was starving.

So the beeer is flowing the jokes are going and the tales are getting taller. Oh ya better order Pizza, Aaron says hes got it,
calls dominos, orders 3 pizzas and they offer hime deal on large :oops: tell him 45 minutes, perfect we say :)
So 55 minutes later he calls and they say its on the way, well 45 mintues later Aaron calls again
this time he is told they are making it now, be there in no time:unsure::ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

I have lost faith so I call papa johns and order 2 more :) were getting hungry and few guys are fairly well lubbed by now
Some of us are less so :) so to sets of pizzas coming, only took me 2 phone calls and two languages to get our order in,
we are thinking we might stavre at this point.

Now of course because I ordered 2 pizzas, Aarons shows up 10 minutes later, So I called 2 times
but cancelled mine, they were not made yet, so in my mind, someone got theres in 40 mintues instead of an hour, life is good
only took 2 hours to get pizza and we couldn't pick up, as not one could legally drive at this point.
Pizza was great, night is winding down, couple guys off to bed and sure enough
Papa johns deleviery driver calls me Pizza is here :oops: I told them I cancelled 45 minutes ago
so off they went. Now what makes this real funny is I wake up in moring taking stuff out to car
haveing a coffee and look across the road at the strip mall there is Dominos pizza
5 minute walk even if drunk :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
It’s 24 cans of beer allowed each btw.

Back