Mustang Trivia.

The only one I ever saw in person at a Mustang Show in Fredericton and I remember it as being late 60’s. Ford started selling the Mustang worldwide a few years ago and I am only guessing with the end date in the 80’s.

Here is a hint - someone else owned the Mustang name in Germany ( a truck manufacturer who reportedly wanted 10,000 dollars to give up the name) for a period of time . Ford wouldn’t pay so reverted to the Mustang project name T5 for these cars - but when? the question remains.

I looked it up. Ford Motor Company was too cheap to pay Krupp $10,000 for the Mustang name, and Krupps monopoly on the name ended in 1973. First model 1965, but as far as last model year One May think 1973, but in online articles I saw mention of 1979. So I’ll say 65 to 79. ?

Keeping with the Theme, the Mercury Capri Pony Car that was basically a re-badged Mustang was produced over what time period? First to last year please.

65 to 79. We have a winner ! Only two I have ever seen were at a Fredericton show as well - interesting how it was deemed cheaper to tool up custom low volume parts than to pay for the name !
We had one in the corral one year Gerry. Brownish color. Remember? Even the personal plate said T5. Pretty sure I didn’t dream that up. I do have pretty good imagination though.

Back