Mach 1 for Marc

67 AGAIN

Enthusiast
Back in January I placed an order for a Mach 1.
Well it’s still not serialized.
Main reason is there are only limited allocations for these cars.
Even though we’re into second year of production, it’s still a low production car.
However, in theory, each dealer should get 1 allocation a year.

So my cousin has been talking with Ford over the fact that neither of the two builds our two franchised dealerships placed for 2022 have been serialized yet.
He was told we would get the two cars, one for Edmundston franchise and one for Grand Falls franchise, mine, probably this fall.
The Ford contact just could not say if they would be 2022 model year or migrated to 2023 my.

Anyway, there is still hope.
I have feeling there won’t be many 2023 Machs because 2023 won’t be a full production year.
The refreshed 2024 model will appear next summer, so 2023 production will end early to allow for re-tooling and to produce 2024’s in time for Ford’s planned launch date.

The car I ordered will look like this.
Fighter jet grey, premium.
Same wheels, which are upgrade from base wheels but same tires.
Tremec 6 speed and Recaros.

BEF9C364-1BCA-4F19-9F3A-9B56A98AA417.jpeg

Planned mods are:
BMR cradle lock out and billet vertical link.
H pipe resonator delete, probably Roush.
Maximum Motorsport Caster Camber plates.
Custom dyno tune using stock induction hardware.
Lightweight forged wheels with wider tires.

Either the same setup I have on the 15, which is 19x9.5 F and 19x11 R wheels with 265/40 F and 305/35 R tires. Forgestar wheels.
Or, I may try the same setup as early GT350’s, which is 19x10.5 F and 19x11 R wheels with 295/35 F and 305/35 R tires.
The early reservations I have about the second setup is tram lining, and the fact that Forgestar don’t make a 19x10.5 wheel.
They only make a 19x10 wheel, which is the limit for a 295 section tire.
I don’t like to be at the limit like that.

But, priority is to land the car first. ?

I am looking forward to the 2024 model options. Maybe for different reasons than many in this group.

I do a lot of short runs under 100 km just for an evening cruise almost every day to get the hell out of the house where I work from home now. From May to November on the weekends a trip or two for a few hours under 300 km is quite normal. Doing one today from Digby to New Minas again. Last one to New Minas was Tuesday night for fun. Then there are the big runs which are awesome but certainly not EV friendly yet. I do not "track" the car so my driving habits lean on looks and distance economy.

I remember when I was getting insurance and told them it was a 2017 Mustang they assumed it was a V8. I asked why the quote was so much higher than my V8 F150 2013 Screw Cab when it only had 4 cylinders and was met with an "Oh well let's correct that". Dropped the yearly price 30% just having the 2.3L.

Now if NS Power gets with the times and offers time of day rates where I can charge overnight at lower kw/h prices and the Plug In Hybrid option which is projected comes in at a decent overall purchase cost we may have a winning scenario. Just EV right now is no where near the infrastructure support needed (for me in the country anyway). I believe ICE is going to get harder to keep in the lineup overall for any car but if for the next decade or so a combination Plug in Hybrid fills the gap then it eases the transition. Does not matter whether it is a 4, 6 or 8 cyl Plug in Hybrid. Just the option to have it.

If not then I am perfectly fine with another 100,000 km on what I have. It has, and continues to serve me well. Actually wearing a hole in the drivers seat leather so yeah - well used.

Sept 14 looks like more details will emerge. Will see what transpires.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a39947056/2024-ford-mustang-preview/

Any real info on the 2024 Mustang retool?

Nothing official yet.

I have two concerns that make me want the current version over 2024.

2024 will have way more tech.
SYNC 4, for example.
You have to use the screen for everything.
Or voice commands.
Long live a button or a dial to set the temperature or work the fan.
I’m more analog than digital.

Second is there is a possibility there won’t be a manual.
If 2024 has a manual, it won’t be around long after that.

Nothing official yet.

I have two concerns that make me want the current version over 2024.

2024 will have way more tech.
SYNC 4, for example.
You have to use the screen for everything.
Or voice commands.
Long live a button or a dial to set the temperature or work the fan.
I’m more analog than digital.

Second is there is a possibility there won’t be a manual.
If 2024 has a manual, it won’t be around long after that.

Sad state of affairs for performance cars when it's more important to have "Apps" on a car than a manual transmission or good old fashioned buttons and dials.

Than again, maybe the same grumbling occurred by the old guys when four barrel carbs were being taken out by EFI. lol

I understand a computer can shift wayyyyyyy faster than I can, but it's nowhere near as satisfying.

Back in January I placed an order for a Mach 1.
Well it’s still not serialized.
Main reason is there are only limited allocations for these cars.
Even though we’re into second year of production, it’s still a low production car.
However, in theory, each dealer should get 1 allocation a year.

So my cousin has been talking with Ford over the fact that neither of the two builds our two franchised dealerships placed for 2022 have been serialized yet.
He was told we would get the two cars, one for Edmundston franchise and one for Grand Falls franchise, mine, probably this fall.
The Ford contact just could not say if they would be 2022 model year or migrated to 2023 my.

Anyway, there is still hope.
I have feeling there won’t be many 2023 Machs because 2023 won’t be a full production year.
The refreshed 2024 model will appear next summer, so 2023 production will end early to allow for re-tooling and to produce 2024’s in time for Ford’s planned launch date.

The car I ordered will look like this.
Fighter jet grey, premium.
Same wheels, which are upgrade from base wheels but same tires.
Tremec 6 speed and Recaros.

View attachment 58360
Downey ford in Saint John has one on the show room for sale, they would love to sell it to you

Congratulations Marc !

Mach1 is an Awesome Platform and best part is that you get the Tremec 6 Speed and not the Problematic Chinese Transmission that is in GT.

Is this going to be Mustang # 3 or is it replacing the newer of the 2 you have now ?

And I Love the Colour Too

Saw one that Colour at a Ford Dealership ?

Congratulations Marc !

Mach1 is an Awesome Platform and best part is that you get the Tremec 6 Speed and not the Problematic Chinese Transmission that is in GT.

Is this going to be Mustang # 3 or is it replacing the newer of the 2 you have now ?

And I Love the Colour Too

Saw one that Colour at a Ford Dealership ?
Well new Shed / garage, he has the room, should be addition with no subtraction :)

If things work out, I’d like to keep all three.
This would be my fifth, but first new one.
The previous 4 were all bought used.
It would likely be last one too.
I am sorta of same, not sure I will buy another new one,
only one new that interest me is Mach1 and I have no room
and far to much going on, also just bought another toy,
that has to hold me for a little bit atleast lol

ALmost bought a bike 2 weeks ago and lucky I got a grip
guy anwsered phone was ignorant, likely saved me some money :ROFLMAO:

Back