Hobbies – What’s your hobby, past, present, and future!

When I was young (2 to 10), we lived across from some undeveloped land that local Hobbyist used to fly their RC Planes.

My favorite part was when one crashed. :D

I have one, lots of fun, you don't use them as much as most people think.
I haven't read the new rules yet. but some of the new ones are getting wold in what they can do.

I don't have some particular hobby 'cause I am always at work. In the past I was a gamer but now I have time only for small games like these ones http://www.friv5online.com/ . They are simple and perfectly relieve stress.
I also like to exercise, read books, watch tv show (Black Mirror is my fav) and hang out with friends.

Given the rules on how close to people its impossible to even launch one unless you set it on the ground and walk 75 m away from it
I guess you go straight up and then hold 85M above the crowds ?

Do not fly your drone:
  • higher than 90 m above the ground
  • closer than 75 m from buildings, vehicles, vessels, animals, people/crowds, etc.

Now tell me, how are they going to tell if it is 80m in the air, if its 55 or 75 m from a building.
I don't know anyone with that level of skill. Damn golfers now use electronic tool to measure distance
from ball to hole on courses they have played 100's of times.
Really what they are doing is basically making it next to impossible to use them.
Just what we need more government controls.
Free country as long as you do what your told LMAO.

They had to make the new changes because of the Reckless Minority that are causing the near misses at Airports. Unfortunate that a few idiots ruin it for everyone else.

The drone I have won't take off near airport, its programmed in it.
It also would not take off at ferry terminal, on dartmouth water front.
All drones have this now, unless some one reprograms it, they can't go may areas.

We occasionally use them at work for inspecting hard to get to places. Like under a bridge etc. We must have hired a certified operator.

Back