Helimech 2014 V6

IMG_3717.jpg

BlowFish Racing shifter mount. Installed this in the fall. Easy install, works with the stock shifter or aftermarket.
Basically attaches the shifter to the transmission, keeping them properly aligned. Works awesome. Also doubles as a driveshaft
safety loop. These are available for the MT82 (V6 and GT's) and newly available for the GT500's.
Love the feedback through the shifter and the little bit of movement when ya rev the engine.

Last edited:
IMG_2390.jpg
Aluminum driveshaft upgrade. Original driveshaft is of poor design with the slip joint in the middle, gotta be great for balance , lol
Known for failure at high RPMs and probably not adequate to say the least for 4.10's

I seen the coil overs in his garage. Wow Bill more shiny go fast parts, thats a cool looking drive shaft.
She's gonna be a rocket ship at this rate.

Driveshaft is an old mod, done over a year ago. Just posted to show the difference between that and the stock POS.

No Title

Well, added some camber but no where near enough for tracking or slalom. Will have another go at adding some more closer to the slalom school
30 April. After adding Camber checked toe, 1/4" toe in total. Would like to have 0 to 1/16" toe out for better turn in. With all the mods to the front suspension figured it would be good to get out the string to see if the toe was off evenly or more to one side. Turns out it was mostly on the left. Adjusted to 0 toe, will try that and then maybe + 1/16 when I add more camber.

Attachments

• photo510.jpg
    photo510.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo511.jpg
    photo511.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 0
How much camber are you looking for, I think mine is set for 1.3 to 1.5 and works well, but wearing tires on inside.

Shake down run revealed some interesting results.

1) Engine codes, misfire codes when pressed hard : who knew that after mods like Flywheel, clutch etc. with a 2011 or newer you need the dealer to relearn your crankshaft position sensor profile with their IDS computer ? I didn't. Used to be this was reset with a battery disconnect. Dealer trip required.

2) Lightweight aluminum flywheels produce a gear lash noise in neutral with the clutch engaged at low RPM. Sounds bad but I guess I'll get used to it.
Lesson learned is to do more research prior to modding so there are fewer surprises afterwards. Was getting ready to pull the trans. and check the install.

Overall, mods are performing as expected or better. Car gains speed quickly, rides pretty good for coil-overs and handles exceptionally well. Very little trammelling with the current alignment set up but a professional alignment will be done to verify/improve set up.

Back