Fire it up!!

Not me, lol...didn't get the headers on yet. Got my panhard yesterday so put that on and then took the wife out for an icecream.. the jack is under the diff cause i dropped the axle to adjust rear coils while i was under there, one side was off about 1/2"
View attachment 38884
Haha I guess I was still asleep when I posted that. Just saw video of idle and exhaust tips lol. That is looking good Al. Why are so many installing the pan hard on s197 after they drop them? Are they more prone to the axles moving over after a drop? I never checked my sn95. But I definitely hear it more on your body style.

By the way Marc car sounds good!!

Haha I guess I was still asleep when I posted that. Just saw video of idle and exhaust tips lol. That is looking good Al. Why are so many installing the pan hard on s197 after they drop them? Are they more prone to the axles moving over after a drop? I never checked my sn95. But I definitely hear it more on your body style.

By the way Marc car sounds good!!
When you drop S197's the axle will slide to the left, mine was about 1' over, causing the left side to stick out more and right side sunk more into the wheel well. It's centered now and I can feel the difference with the BMR panhard , seems to just plant the rear better on cornering.

When you drop S197's the axle will slide to the left, mine was about 1' over, causing the left side to stick out more and right side sunk more into the wheel well. It's centered now and I can feel the difference with the BMR panhard , seems to just plant the rear better on cornering.
OK cool. I have read lots of talk about the subject. Just never got why this affect and never really questioned it I guess. Must be a pivot point thing.

Glad the bar helped and gets the car more planted.

It is a pivot and arc deal Charlie.
Panhard ties to chassis on passenger side and to axle on driver side.
It is not horizontal.
Driver side lower than passenger side.
So as car drops, Panhard swings up and the arc pushes axle toward driver side.
The lower a drop, the more impactful the result of the axle movement.

In fact, most S197’s come new with axle slightly more to driver side.
Maybe just settling of suspension after assembly.
Some almost not.
Some more noticeable.

It is a pivot and arc deal Charlie.
Panhard ties to chassis on passenger side and to axle on driver side.
It is not horizontal.
Driver side lower than passenger side.
So as car drops, Panhard swings up and the arc pushes axle toward driver side.
The lower a drop, the more impactful the result of the axle movement.

In fact, most S197’s come new with axle slightly more to driver side.
Maybe just settling of suspension after assembly.
Some almost not.
Some more noticeable.
Ah ok. Thanks for the explanation. Makes total sense now. I see why most do it after a drop since it is already off from the factory.

Four link design is upper and lower control arms on each outboard side.
No Panhard in the design.
All Fox and SN95’s, except the few IRS modelshave 4 link design.

S197 has what is called 3 link design.
Lower control arms on each end (outboard) and a single upper control arm at center on top of the diff housing.
This design requires Pahard bar to keep axle centred side to side under car.

Back