Cool Ford Trucks

Some F150 chat, I booked the truck in next week for a 100,000 km service, and its going to hurt a bit. Figure my chances of seeing a supercharged V8 Raptor being released by Ford Performance are slim to nil, so best keep up the maintenance on this one as I'll have it a few more years at least.

Five new tires on the shopping list..... the BFG A/T's have decent tread, but they're six years old with probably 75,000 on them, and I was starting to see cracking, so that made me nervous. I hold tires and brakes in high regard, so take the hit up front and time for a new set. I got five because the spare is actually the same optional alloy wheel as the other four, and besides, the new KO2's are little different, so if I want to work the spare into the rotation of the tires, it should look the same. A little early for summer tires, but if its in for service and on the lift, it'll save another trip.

Full synthetic oil change, transmission flush, transfer case flush, and new plugs and plug wires. Didn't know it, but the 6.2L actually has two plugs per cylinder, learned something new. Thinking of adding a coolant flush and might as well do the accessory belt as well.

There goes the budget. lol

If I had $100.00 for every one of those old cabover’s I had lifted the cab on for engine work in the 80’s I’d be able to buy one and at least start the restoration! Lots were Propane trucks and brick delivery flat decks

maybe start with this one- D8F345DE-FDF3-4BA6-B8D9-F6778396AC27.jpeg

Last edited:
Back