Coronovirus

TorontoCity warns hundreds may have been exposed to COVID-19 at Brass Rail strip club
Infected person visited the club last week
CBC News · Posted: Aug 14, 2020 9:47 AM ET | Last Updated: 3 hours ago

brass-rail.jpeg

Public health officials are warning the public about a possible COVID-19 exposure at the Brass Rail Tavern. (Google)
comments
The City of Toronto says about 550 people may have been exposed to COVID-19 at a downtown strip club earlier this month.
Toronto Public Health says it is notifying people who visited the Brass Rail Tavern at 701 Yonge St. about a potential exposure.
Officials say an employee who tested positive for the virus was at the club on these dates and times:

• Aug. 4 from 7 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. on Aug. 5
  • Aug. 5 from 8 p.m. to 3 a.m. on Aug. 6
  • Aug. 7 from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m. on Aug. 8
  • Aug. 8 from 7 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. on Aug. 9
Public health says there was no risk to anyone who went to the club outside of those dates and times.
"As a precaution, [Toronto Public Health] is advising anyone who attended the Brass Rail Tavern during these dates and times to monitor themselves for COVID-19 symptoms for the 14 days after their last visit during this time period," the city said in a news release.
Public health officials say they have followed up with "all known close contacts" of the person who tested positive, and asked those people to self-isolate for two weeks and go get tested.
They are also directly notifying people who gave their name and contact information to the club for its contact tracing log, according to a news release.
"The establishment is collaborating with [public health] to ensure all COVID-19 Stage 3 reopening protocols are in place in this setting, including staff and patrons wearing masks, infection prevention and control measures are in place, and appropriate physical distancing measures are followed," the news release reads.
According to the city's website, as of the afternoon of Aug. 12, 15,548 cases of COVID-19 to Toronto Public Health, while 14,132 people have recovered.
Health officials recommend that anyone who has symptoms or feels as though they may have been exposed to COVID-19 use the province's COVID-19 self-assessment tool.

Doing my part this weekend to support the NB economy in Alma during this time.
Last night, having seafood at the Muddy Rudder restaurant, sipping on some Holy Whale local craft beer across the street from the Parkland Inn where my bed awaits on the top floor overlooking the water out back.
Cheers and good weekend everyone. ??66C36B86-95F1-4FA1-B0A3-C982DFC8A437.jpeg

EMPLOYEE NOTICE
Due to the current financial situation caused by the Virus and slowdown in the economy, the Government has decided to implement a scheme to put workers of 50 years of age and above on early, mandatory retirement, thus creating jobs and reducing unemployment.
This scheme will be known as RAPE (Retire Aged People Early).
Persons selected to be RAPED can apply to the Government to be considered for the SHAFT program (Special Help After Forced Termination).
Persons who have been RAPED and SHAFTED will be reviewed under the SCREW program (System Covering Retired-Early Workers).
A person may be RAPED once, SHAFTED twice and SCREWED as many times as the Government deems appropriate.
Persons who have been RAPED could get AIDS (Additional Income for Dependents & Spouse) or HERPES (Half Earnings for Retired Personnel Early Severance).
Obviously persons who have AIDS or HERPES will not be SHAFTED or SCREWED any further by the Government.
Persons who are not RAPED and are staying on will receive as much SHIT (Special High Intensity Training) as possible. The Government has always prided themselves on the amount of SHIT they give our citizens.
Should you feel that you do not receive enough SHIT, please bring this to the attention of your MP, who has been trained to give you all the SHIT you can handle.
Sincerely,
The Committee for Economic Value of Individual Lives (E.V.I.L.)
PS - Due to the Virus, recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, The Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off.

Doing my part this weekend to support the NB economy in Alma during this time.
Last night, having seafood at the Muddy Rudder restaurant, sipping on some Holy Whale local craft beer across the street from the Parkland Inn where my bed awaits on the top floor overlooking the water out back.
Cheers and good weekend everyone. ??View attachment 39965
I always make a point to stop in at the holy whale .. i need all the help i can get to get upstairs
IMG_20200628_123359.jpg

Back