Cool Ford Trucks

Actually I was on the fence the whole time about which wheels to go with.
18’s or 20’s.
When I ordered we had a set of 20 takeoffs in stock so I ordered with 18’s, knowing I could swap when the truck showed up.
My wife has been all about 20’s the whole time.
I took a quick pole at work today and vast majority said to go with 20’s, so it’s done.
20’s on the truck now.
Good deal.
Trade for trade because 20’s not that popular up here.
I actually saved $350.00 doing it this way over ordering from factory.

072B3FCD-81CE-4B06-A7E6-D33A308E0A78.jpeg

Actually I was on the fence the whole time about which wheels to go with.
18’s or 20’s.
When I ordered we had a set of 20 takeoffs in stock so I ordered with 18’s, knowing I could swap when the truck showed up.
My wife has been all about 20’s the whole time.
I took a quick pole at work today and vast majority said to go with 20’s, so it’s done.
20’s on the truck now.
Good deal.
Trade for trade because 20’s not that popular up here.
I actually saved $350.00 doing it this way over ordering from factory.

View attachment 39488
Good move, looks great. Also love the color ?

Amazes me what the dealerships are doing with lift kits and upsized tires/wheels on brand new trucks, and still backing up the factory bumper to bumper warranty.

Seeing it more and more here as well, good business idea for anyone looking for a turn key truck with the mods already installed.

Anyone here with leveling kits who are having driveline, tire, or suspension issues of any kind is met by the service department saying "well you have a leveling kit"................. blaming everything is caused by this.

But then again they have 6 inch lifted trucks that they built sitting on their lot, go figure ?? Looks sharp but would not want to have any issues afterwards, good luck with this service department.

Good point, very short sighted if a dealership sells these upgrades without full disclosure on how it effects warranty.

I think any kind of flack or denial you get from the dealership would come from trying to get a warranty claim for home installations that were not professionally done, one would think if you brought it back to the dealership that installed it, there shouldn't be issues.

Thats why I get some peace of mind buying Ford Performance parts and having the dealership perform the installation, amounts to the same thing.

This always goes back to buying a turn key hot rod like the Raptor/GT350/GT500 , or going with mods.

Interesting discussion on how insurance companies view mods, if you mod and get caught, they can deny coverage because the vehicle is not as quoted, unless you account for that, but the GT350/GT500/Raptor is covered because its a known quantity off the assembly line.

Don't get me started on the insurance company thing. lol

Last edited:
Back