Cool cars

Great discussion, and good to start thinking about this now. I am originally from Glace Bay (I know - that explains a lot :))) and spend a fair bit of time in Cape Breton, and driving back and forth to visit my father, who spends 6 months of the year at his cottage on the Mira River, not far from Louisbourg.

Other than Kelly's Mountain, and some sections along the Bras D'or Lakes along Route 4 between St. Peter's and Sydney, there is not a lot to see on either route from Port Hawkesbury to the Sydney area. While the town of Louisbourg is nice, the drive there is not that scenic.

I have not been over the Cabot Trail since 2014, and would love to do that drive in a Mustang, with a group of Mustangs. We will be in for the Fall NS Run no matter where it is, here are a couple of pictures from my last trip around the Cabot Trail in 2014 to help get the thought process going.

IMG_2948.JPGIMG_2994.JPGIMG_3010.JPGIMG_3045.JPGIMG_3052.JPG

Not to hijack this thread, but there were 3 versions of the Toyota MR2 - the 1984-1989 first gen and 1990-99 second gen were sold in various countries, including Canada. The third gen, which ran from 2000-2005, only as a convertible, was sold in the US, but not Canada. When they harmonized the bumper standards between Canada and the US about 10 years ago, which made the 3rd gen legal to import from the US, I bought 2 in the US, which I still have.

They have Toyota 1-zz Corolla engines that put out 138 hp, but they only weigh 2200 lbs, so corning and acceleration are not too bad. They were available in 5 speed standard and a semi auto sequential transmission, The sequential transmissions are very troublesome.

A lot of the mechanical components are the same as Corollas, so parts are usually reasonably priced, and easy to find.

One of mine is a 2000, the other a 2002. When I built a house 6 years ago, I had one side of the garage made long enough to fit the two in nose to tail with space in between. I've got a removable hardtop for the 2000.

My personalized license plate is "MR2MRS3", my wife's MR2 plate is "MRS3MR2". I am her second husband, she is my third wife. Some do not see the humour in that.

IMG_5767.JPGIMG_5764.JPGMR2s 2013111500002.jpg

To follow Marc's yes I know what they are, and fun to drive wise (handling wise), they are up there with Miata & other smaller sports car. Good looking examples for both, and yes I can appreciate the plates, very thought of ;)

Bon, my highjacking is done, back to regular programming :)

Back