Convertible boot/tonneau Canadian source?

A Few Updates: Windscreen and Tonneau Cover! The combining of the Love the Drive windscreen with the Ford Tonneau cover created a couple of issues that bugged me! First because the tonneau cover runs over the windscreen platform then down the under-seat mounting tabs no longer worked. I was trying to hold it tight with short bungees but that was a real pain taking it in and out. Solution: Had a local upholster remove the mounting tabs and add a 3 inch piece of vinyl. (see photo). Now it mounts under the back seat like in the original design. Much handier and a snugger fit in the wind.

Attachments

• photo2743.jpg
    photo2743.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 0
  • photo2744.jpg
    photo2744.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 0
Second Issue: The tonneau cover over the frame of the windscreen underneath was causing a lot of slapping noise in the wind. Solution: Added a 1 inch of foam between the windscreen frame and the tonneau cover -- Silence!!!! :)

Attachments

• photo2745.jpg
    photo2745.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 0
Good solutions there Griff. In your pictures it looks like the tonneau cover should have slide right under neath the love the drive windscreen. Or am I wrong?

Windscreen could sit on top I guess except you could not use the rear seat tie downs to mount the windscreen in place...unless you cut slots in the tonneau cover for the straps. Also would not look as "finished" that way as compared to the tonneau over top.

Back