Catch Can 2000 GT

The oil separator will do more good than it will harm, it's a pretty non-intrusive mod and easy to install.

Should have OEM style connectors and drop right in, at least mine did, JLT and Ford Performance both.

All I had to do was pull the OEM tube from the valve cover to the intake and replace with new lines and separator.

Just went on the link to order one for my car but at the end of checkout it says "One or more items in your cart are not allowed to ship to the country selected. Shipping could not be calculated for your order. Please call support at (909) 947-0015"
Did you have to call them to get it shipped to Canada?

where did you mount it - just find a bolt?

Like Mike (svt4mt) says, they can hang at the end of the plumbing in front of the valve cover, like in the case of Coyote engined cars.
Or over the valve cover, as in the case of the 05-10 cars.
They’re not heavy and don’t cause any damage.

Unless the manufacturer supplies a hanger and hardware, like in the Mike’s (Mike 2021) picture.

I have one anchored on the Driver side in the 06 because the plumbing was custom made to fit with the Ford Racing intake manifold and the plumbing is longer than stock setup.
Otherwise, the stock Driver side setup would just hang supported by the plumbing.

Like this stock 05-10 Driver side setup.

66E40FE5-5BAB-42BC-A3FC-FF94D7DDC554.png

Or this is a remote setup on the Passenger side of the 05-10 cars because the plumbing is longer to leave room for the oil filler cap.
The reservoir is bolted to a flange on the strut tower because of longer plumbing.
My 06 setup looks like this but on Driver side, because of intake manifold.

BB218CEA-3B9B-47B2-8EDA-BD386948A582.png

The other in the 15 just hangs at the end of the plumbing. It just rests in front of valve cover on whatever other wiring is there.
It is not heavy enough to cause any issues.

My 06 setup on Passenger side.

61766693-F26C-47C9-8879-5A7D247685D7.png

A similar second gen 5.0 setup on Passenger side in Fox Body swap.

A29E59C2-2DCC-453A-B223-A8F1B06AEB79.png

Only difference between Coyote derived cars and the 3 valve 4.6 V8 cars is that, if you’re only going to get one catch can, it’s the Driver’s side that you want to get in the 3 valve cars.
It catches more oil that the passenger side on that engine.
I have not researched the 2 valve 4.6 but I would suspect it is better to get the Driver’s side there too because it’s the same basic engine as the 3 valve.

Just as all the Coyote derived engines and generations all benefit more from the Passenger side catch can.

Last edited:
Just went on the link to order one for my car but at the end of checkout it says "One or more items in your cart are not allowed to ship to the country selected. Shipping could not be calculated for your order. Please call support at (909) 947-0015"
Did you have to call them to get it shipped to Canada?

Glen, if you’re going to get only one, the one to get for your car is the Driver’s side.

Not the Passenger side like the Coyote cars.
And it is s a very good investment for your setup with being forced induction.

If you can’t resolve the shipping issues by calling, don’t sweat the details.
Just get it from a Canadian vendor.
It’s not a costly part, so the difference won’t be much in the end.

You want to also mention which SC setup you have as that may also interfere with basic stock install setup.
I forget what your’s looks like but you also may need longer plumbing and a remote can setup.
Not a guarantee that stock setup will work for you as it would rest on top of valve cover as seen in picture I posted above.
Maybe some conflict with your SC setup?

May be worth reaching out to someone like Dasilva to make sure you get right setup.
They did build your car…

Like Mike (svt4mt) says, they can hang at the end of the plumbing in front of the valve cover, like in the case of Coyote engined cars.
Or over the valve cover, as in the case of the 05-10 cars.
They’re not heavy and don’t cause any damage.

Unless the manufacturer supplies a hanger and hardware, like in the Mike’s (Mike 2021) picture.

I have one anchored on the Driver side in the 06 because the plumbing was custom made to fit with the Ford Racing intake manifold and the plumbing is longer than stock setup.
Otherwise, the stock Driver side setup would just hang supported by the plumbing.

Like this stock 05-10 Driver side setup.

View attachment 60994

Or this is a remote setup on the Passenger side of the 05-10 cars because the plumbing is longer to leave room for the oil filler cap.
The reservoir is bolted to a flange on the strut tower because of longer plumbing.
My 06 setup looks like this but on Driver side, because of intake manifold.

View attachment 60995

The other in the 15 just hangs at the end of the plumbing. It just rests in front of valve cover on whatever other wiring is there.
It is not heavy enough to cause any issues.

My 06 setup on Passenger side.

View attachment 60996

A similar second gen 5.0 setup on Passenger side in Fox Body swap.

View attachment 60997

Only difference between Coyote derived cars and the 3 valve 4.6 V8 cars is that, if you’re only going to get one catch can, it’s the Driver’s side that you want to get in the 3 valve cars.
It catches more oil that the passenger side on that engine.
I have not researched the 2 valve 4.6 but I would suspect it is better to get the Driver’s side there too because it’s the same basic engine as the 3 valve.

Just as all the Coyote derived engines and generations all benefit more from the Passenger side catch can.
Mine is only a 2v 4.6 but is said for passenger side

Back