Camaro stolen

the most unbiased video I have watched, love them both,take a minute to read the comments if you are at all interested,lots of Ford guys comment.

before Trevor comments I love his car, proud to know a friend who owns one, however even his car had a slower lap according to the comments (the ZLI destroyed it) which shows the technology getting even better in just a few years.

I personally have zero intentions even if I was able, of driving mine like this so no need to challenge ,from what I read about the Camaro, they have half shafts that don’t like when the clutch is dumped,mine will never be in danger.

just some old guy here hoping to take a drive with his wife occasionally while he is still able to lol.

So the obvious question you may ask, why own it?

I have two sons blue oval vs bowtie truck arguments continuously, I don’t get involved but told them not to waste their money on cars starting off like I did.

Wow. What a story this is! Congrats for the new grandson, shitty this one was stolen, but seems it’s been for the better for you!! ? eager to see this one around in the summer!
you’re right on the advise to your sons, learned it at the first new car here lol (focus ST).

1le ss is not faster than the gt350r
the Zl1 is, and it should be with the SC 650 hp corvette engine in it.
at Leguna Seca its about 1.5 seconds faster, after about 10 laps it is slower do to heat in SC
problem on track with the Vette engines. something up until new version had not be totally solved.
although I do believe they improved it and keep it from going into limp mode after 5-10 laps.

I love the car wars, I do believe it is great for us, they keep producing better cars.
bonus for us all.

I can't drive a Camaro though, I am not the mullet wearing,
beer drinking hillbilly living in his mothers double wide :)

The 1LE SS Combo is like the 69 RS/SS Combo. And last time I checked Speed Limit is 110, so your combo Is what I would want if I was ordering one Lorne ?

the Zl1 is, and it should be with the SC 650 hp corvette engine in it.

Ok i stand corrected, the same time,

not even going to respond to the rest

Coy Leigh7 months ago
That awkward moment you realize the nurburgring lap times between the 1le and the gt350r are the same ??

Hide 16 replies
Reynaldo Mancillas
Reynaldo Mancillas
7 months ago
Yeah , Under motortrend testing de 1le is less than a second slower that the gt350r on Laguna Seca

Coy Leigh
Coy Leigh
7 months ago
@Reynaldo Mancillas They did another test with the same tires on those cars. I recommend you check those times out too;)

B P
B P
5 months ago
Are we talking about the ss 1le or the zl1 1le?

Coy Leigh
Coy Leigh
5 months ago
@B P The SS 1le! ? The zl1 1le blew it out of the water.

To the ones who actually hit the like button to that last statement, shame on you

Lorne, I think I have Trevor Figured out, the way he is always insulting Chevy and spreading false stereotypes about their Owners, I think deep down he really Loves Chevies and this is all just an Act ?

Keep in mind, if your looking for a one sided view you can find it!!
If you are honest and look at many reviews then you will get closer to the truth.
Reality is as each new version comes out, they get quicker.

Best tests are when done on same track same time of day, by the same driver.
which most are not. One needs to look a littler harder.
times of year, track conditions, temps and so much more plays a role in results.

last but likely most important, 95% of tests are done with pro drivers often ex race car drivers.
so the odds of any of us being able to replicate this on a good day is likely not realistic.

All that said, find what you want and makes you happy and enjoy.
Most of these cars have clubs where like minded people can share the passion
and of course argue in the favour of your favourite cars :)

Lorne, I think I have Trevor Figured out, the way he is always insulting Chevy and spreading false stereotypes about their Owners, I think deep down he really Loves Chevies and this is all just an Act ?
not even close, even the car testers make these jokes.
this is from motor trend when gt350 first come out
very good review and little honest at the end :)
PreviewPreview25:492016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R vs. 2015 Chevrolet ...
for the record, I have owned one chevy work truck in my life
and personal chef car which was a Monte Carlo.

The Important thing Trevor is that we all get to joke amongst Friends on this Forum and that You Love your GT350R, Lorne Loves his Camaro, and I Love my BULLITT ?

this is true and as always each is welcome to their own.
Thats what makes a good rivalry, if everyone liked the same thing,
we wouldn't have one :)

Back