Camaro stolen

Lorne

All rite,story time to show I love you guys and this forum.

I gave my 2007 Mustang GT to our Son for his wedding gift in September this year,he always loved the car and wanted to buy it at one time,I couldn't charge him and figured this was the proper timing. I still store it and will always like the car,as I said to my wife when you are giving something that you really love it is right.

I wasn't in the market for a replacement with winter coming but as we all know the deals are now. a local Camaro was for sale all summer here,my neighbour owns the dealership and one night I asked about it.

2012 1 SS, six speed,6.2 litre,Magnaflow exhaust,factory Hurst shifter,Just under 70 thousand kms,same as my Mustang.

I asked how much and he shocked me,he said hey in July you swing for the fence,this time of year you are happy to lay down a bunt. No numbers but I was under 20,by more than a little.

Unfortunately Only had it a few days,took it to a wedding and one drive on my wife's birthday,but honestly loved the performance. 426 Hp is noticeable compared to the Mustang 3,even with the weight factor,because it is a big clunky car,let no-one tell you different.

I n third gear at 156 kms the traction control light flashed,meaning if the TC was off I may not be typing this. in fairness cold pavement,October evening,but new good tread tires

The reason I don't have it is while I was away one night it was stolen from my garage,broke into the man door,keys were in garage but out of sight but gone with car.

my friend saw it two mornings while having breakfast but like everyone didn't know I had bought it. When he heard it was mine three hrs had gone by,so never seen again.

I had a plan for this car because I was never fond of the Camaro's look,resembled nothing I drove in the 80's so I had been in contact with a place in Ohio that converts them to Trans Am which I had in 1980.

He also sent me a pic of a GTO they did,pretty cool. Bring them your Camaro and for 10 U.S. they do the conversion.

I have gone from shocked,to anger,no worse than anger,to accepting the loss.

Anyway,enjoy the pics

Attachments

• IMG_20190909_1102135.jpg
    IMG_20190909_1102135.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20191015_1402490.jpg
    IMG_20191015_1402490.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 11
Nice looking Camaro Lorne. What a Pity, but sounds like an opportunity to rejoin the Mustang Fold.

You would look Good behind the wheel of something like this.

1574810407953.png

I am not a Cheby fan, but that sucks period, stealing a car guys car should allow for texas style punishment.

One quick joke, seen the plate, "last ride" I would have figured that would be on one of your other vehicles :ROFLMAO:

Ya I just need to outlive Hugh Fred and make her an offer.

I should explain the plate,ohhh the irony.

The Camaro had an opening behind the plate,yes a factory hole to be correct,and I only had a temporary window plate,I grabbed the one hanging in the garage I had done,yes it us a fake count the letters,and put it on to hide the hole

Little did I know it would beIMG_20181107_0821591.jpgIMG_20181107_0821010.jpg

That 07 is Sweet and looks exactly like the one a co worker bought back in 07. He had it 5 years then traded it for a 2012 GT500. Only problem with the 07 in the photo, they probably want the same amount of money that would get you a new base 2019 Mustang GT.

thanks fo the hugs you guys,but honestly it is just a car, the upsetting part is the helplessness you feel,

The same weekend our daughter had a baby boy,never take a child's birth for granted because nothing is guaranteed when it comes to your health and we nearly lost her,baby was fine but we had a long night worrying about Mom.

So eveytime I think about the loss,I tell my wife hey,I can get another car.

Sorry for your loss, thats pretty low, even for a Slowmaro. Too soon ???

Naw,I would be disappointed if you didn't make a remark.

I gotta say again though,the maro worked good.

One time we were on trip with two other couples,one has a Challenger the other a Camaro like the one I had.

The challenger is an auto with the regular hemi,we were dead even with my Mustang,

The Camaro and I were at the toll booth in N.S.,He heard me pulling away two lanes over and hit his,We were side by side until he hit third and he jumped ahead by a full fender and we both let off.

When we stopped for coffee the friend with Challenge goes over and I hear him say,holy shit was that as close as it looked?

The Camaro owner says yes,but in fairness he had already shifted into second,I was having hard and was about to shift into second when he hit his,and even with the low revs in second I couldn't get past, a hundred extra horsepower is what it is.

I know the newer Mustangs are more Hp, but we are talking about 2010 camaro

thanks fo the hugs you guys,but honestly it is just a car, the upsetting part is the helplessness you feel,

The same weekend our daughter had a baby boy,never take a child's birth for granted because nothing is guaranteed when it comes to your health and we nearly lost her,baby was fine but we had a long night worrying about Mom.

So eveytime I think about the loss,I tell my wife hey,I can get another car.

Truly, it is all about perspective. Children and family make the loss of a car seem pretty small by comparison.

Glad to hear things turned out well, as I like to say, theres lots of cars out there and they can be easily replaced, if not surpassed by another.

Back