Brake pad decisions

Surprised to hear that about TDOT, got my headers from them with no issues. Ordered the Magnaflow from them. One I wanted was no longer available, so had to switch to larger tips. He said it would have to be ordered, asked if I could cancel because I saw it somewhere else. He checked with another supplier and it was shipped the next day. I got it in CDN dollars same price AM wanted in USD and free shipping. They can all be hit or miss I guess, but knock on wood, I've used them all with good results.

Something I learned, so folks know, is Steeda.com and Steeda.ca have no link.
totally separate companies. Actually Steeda.com has been in legal battle without much success
trying to get the Canadian company to not use the Name. This was told to me, by the guy from Mustang direct.
For what its worth He is the Canadian Steeda.com rep now.
This makes sense to me, when I bought my suspension, Steeda.com was just under 500 for the exact same parts.

I have had great success with AM and Steed.com and a few others.

Last time I ordered from Steeda.ca their chat window came up and I commented on the large price difference between steeds.ca and steeda.com. . I also mentioned the LMR pricing. After some on phone discussion Steeda.ca matched LMR + exchange and delivered to my house for 30.00 extra . all and all a decent experience - when I got the parts , the box had a Steeda.ca label. Pulled off the label- below it was a shipping label from LMR to Steeda.ca !!

No Title

Following up Gerry and I installed (he did most of the work, I supplied coffee and a foot to pump the brakes when we bled them) the new pads and rotors from Hawk. I ended up with the Sector 27 drilled and slotted rotors which are probably more than I need unless I end up at the Tail of the Dragon with it with a set of ceramir pads and now that I've broken them in a bit I'll say that I do like the setup. We also swapped out the old black brake fluid and installed new stuff. The brakes seem to have more grip and have a more linear feel to them than the old ones. There's also more feedback from the brakes to the pedal and no spongieness in the pedal at all. Quite happy and of course a big thanks to Gerry for the work

Attachments

• photo901.jpg
    photo901.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 0
Looks real nice. Rotors look like they'll retard rust for a while.
New brakes and fluid will give the feedback you are talking about.
That black fluid has moisture in it. Moisture compresses, giving that soft pedal.
If you want to up that feedback and modulation another notch, add stainless steel brake lines.

Back