After Market

I don't burn tires lol, to expensive, but sticky tires have short life span.
I got two year out of these, so going in the spring, likely somewhat hard now.
Normally a yearly thing for me, especially if I go to the track :)
I was looking for the sport cup 2 just to have a spare set but they are very limited, may switch brands

I was looking for the sport cup 2 just to have a spare set but they are very limited, may switch brands
Sport cup 2's are not hard to get, but you would have to order, no one keeps in stock.
Mine are a bit more difficult, as they are spec sport cup 2 made specifically for my car.
On two different occasions, wrong ones were sent. quite a difference from the spec
to stock, but really nice tire.

ecpet for a few brands, any real performance tire your likely going to have
to order to get. OF course the high performance comes with higher price :)

High price for sure I was surprised at the cost for a set, I hope to get a couple years out of them, what is the difference for the sport cup 2s and the one you have specifically for your car

High price for sure I was surprised at the cost for a set, I hope to get a couple years out of them, what is the difference for the sport cup 2s and the one you have specifically for your car
mostly a lot less tread, which once warmed up, very sticky.
Michelin_Pilot_Sport_Cup2_Tread.jpg

F2AB92D9-8706-4CC5-8BF8-74E2D67249BA.jpeg
First pic, normal sport cup, 2nd ones I get, if you take a close look, almost exactly the same except
thickness of tread, almost double in stock set. will last longer, but not quite as much grip
to be honest you would need to be going fairly quick around corners to notice the difference.

I see they almost look like what’s on the Mach except I believe they are 98Y but would need to check. The first pick does not look like what is on mine. The ones that are on it are almost bald on the outside of the tire and some tread on the inside they look like the second pic.

Ok when I had them off a couple people thought they where ready to be changed out then I showed them the odometer with less than 500 km. I can say they are some sticky on the road once heated. With handling pack I think you get the same as what comes with the 350

For the scissor jacks, I’d be entirely concerned that they might damage the rockers.

If you are using them strictly for fear of flat spotting the tires, my solution to that is to bump up air pressure for winter storage.

Like in the order of 40-45 psi.

I check what the max inflation of the tire is and go just slightly bellow that.
If max is 50 psi, I’ll go 45.

Three different Mustangs and a Fusion Sport stored over past 15 years, never had anything wrong with any tires come spring time.

many have theories' on it, My research shows on modern cars not much of an issue,
Some older cars could mess with springs and shocks. I have not done it it in years.
I have had no issues, I am also in heated garage, not sure if that makes a difference
but keeps me happier :)

Another thing that helps with flat spots I found through the years is that I drive it up on pieces of 2x10 and like Marc says air them tires up.
Since I've been doing this I find that tires don't loose any air like they use too as well.

This could be your car’s sibling Mike.

600, auto, handling pack, red callipers, regular seats.

Only difference is the colour.

Probably going home at end of this week after spending winter in showroom.

View attachment 54594

View attachment 54593
This could be your car’s sibling Mike.

600, auto, handling pack, red callipers, regular seats.

Only difference is the colour.

Probably going home at end of this week after spending winter in showroom.

View attachment 54594

View attachment 54593
Wow I love that colour, it is the same it has cloth seat, I’ll be changing them out next winter also with a rear seat delete? I looked at a week ago, Ford race seats and the delete at least a 12 week wait and that is not guaranteed

From the experience files… ?

First, decide what your goal is for your car.
Leather on base seats, although will look great, will be slippery in corners,
especially for right seat passenger, no matter who it is.

If building straight line rocket, not much of an issue.
If you want to fully exploit the handling pack on your car, keep the seats you have.
The fabric material keeps everyone planted in the seats much better.
Or do go up to the Recaros, leather or fabric.

On the Recaros, if you haven’t already, you should try to sit in them for a bit before pulling the trigger.
Some people find the bolstering a bit tight.

Sometimes, personal body type can influence decision.
With the intent of remaining objective here, often individuals of smaller stature fit better in the Recaros.
And individuals of heftier stature sometimes, not always, find them a bit tight or restrictive after a while.

Back