65 Again: 2017 Shelby GT350

The horse is out of the barn! 🐎
The snake is out of the pit! 🐍

Yesterday, had oil changed, orange coolant flushed and replaced with yellow, along with caster-camber plates and alignment, trailering hooks, air filter and backup camera recall all done.

Drove about 150 km. Wow! 🤩
What a thrill.
Whole different animal.
Decided it’s not loud enough though.
Even in sport or loud mode, can’t hear exhaust with windows down at highway speeds.
Can barely hear it while stopped at red light with other traffic next to you.
A project for next year. Address the resonators. 🤔

Old and new air filters.

View attachment 65600

View attachment 65601

Tie down hooks.

View attachment 65602

View attachment 65603

Caster-camber plates.

View attachment 65606
How you going to make it louder what’s next, H-pipe, bigger header
Let’s spend some money 💰 lol

I considered resonator delete heavily last fall when I ordered these parts but decided to hold off until I got some seat time.

It’s still an option but I’m leaning more toward a full cat back swap using the Ford Performance by Borla sport cat back system that deletes the resonators and has fully compatible active exhaust mufflers.

That way I don’t butcher my stock exhaust and if I ever want to go back, either for resale or personal reasons, I will be able to.

I make the car decision she can come or not :)
do the delete, you will be happy, oh and the car really perks up at about 38-4000 Rpm

Mike is right, get on it and you will be happy.
IMO I would not mess with exhaust to much except res delete.
after that it will sound like mine :)

I was quite happy with butchering my exhaust, thank you very much Marc !!!

GFY, enjoy your Ford Performance by Borla sport cat back that deletes the resonators and has fully compatible active exhaust mufflers.

Sounds like a great choice, can't wait to hear it, again...good for you !!!!

Thanks, Mike.
I suppose I could have said cutting up, hacking, amputating or surgically altering.
I didn’t give it much thought.
Used first word that came to mind.
No ill will intended.

I like the idea of being able to go back to stock.
It kind of got cemented for me a few weeks ago when I went to get that 350R in Montreal.

The dealer in question deals in a lot of high end cars. Along with the Shelbys, they do Porsches, Ferraris, Maseratis, Mercedes and such.

While I was there the salesman showed me a very high end and limited production, full carbon bodied C7 Corvette.
I forget what he called it but only a few hundred were made.
A very nice car.

The guy they got it from had kept it mostly stock which helped preserve its value.
One of the few mods done to it was an after market exhaust.
Apparently with carbon bits of its own.
Carbon tips and so on.
At least cat back from all the hardware I saw.

The seller had kept and included in the sale of the car, all the original exhaust.
So whoever was going to buy that Corvette was getting the original exhaust along with the high end after market exhaust that was on the car.
Essentially allowing for the car to fetch the same price as an all original example.

I thought it was a good idea from a car collector point of view and, for the Shelby, I’m leaning toward having the same option available for myself.

Last edited:
No harm, no foul, in the rear view mirror.

I suspect had you just said you wanted the option to return to stock , that would have sufficed, and not open to interpretation.

I'm sure the next owner will appreciate your concern in returning it to stock, although even with the new exhaust in place and the old exhaust available, it's still been butchered. lol

OK, for the record, insulting is free, so take it for what you paid for it,
if your feelings get hurt that easy, then we have a section for you too :)

Both you guys are great and like a good laugh, so chuckle move on
and tomorrow insult him back :)

Back