2nd Annual Maritime Mustang Spring Run Saturday May 4th 2019

Depending on what the 2 week extended Forecast looks like then, mine will likely stay in storage till April 20th or 27th. And next October it is being put away in mid, not late October. this past October when I put it away the last Saturday of the month it was too Damn Cold to hand wash a car outside.

Allright guys as per discussed our 2nd annual spring run destination will be Amherst NS. I know there are a few restaurants there. Anyone know of a good Gem of a restaurant or should we just go with Pizza Delight or Duncan's (pub food). Thoughts?? Spoke to someone who lives in Amherst and many of the restaurants have gone out of business.

05 gt 5spd;n28025 said:
I can say Conners has good meals, but may not be large enough , has both tables and booths - would be worth a call

Hey Gerry, I will look into conners. The girl we know never mentioned them. She did say that a lot of restaurants have been shutting down so hopefully that was not one of them.

Duncan's on Victoria Street has excellent food, I've been there a couple of times in last 5 years.

The list Dave provided is quiet extensive, we should have no trouble Dining in Amherst.

Yes Duncan's seems to have come up a few times in conversation off of the site as well. I Will look into it. Thanks

2001BlackGTvert;n28097 said:
Unfortunately Conners is closed. Amherst is having a hard go with restaurants. Will keep looking at the list.

I was pretty sad to find out that it was closed. Was a great place that we visited for dinner on the way home the last couple years after Nationals.

02 yellowgt;n28110 said:
If we choose Duncans there is an empty lot beside it not sure if it is public parking but there is an anglican church nearby and we may get permission to park there.

I have parked the Mustang there with another Mustang and Corvette Buddy's rides on a Saturday with no problem.

Ok we have made some decisions on the Restaurant in Amherst. We will be going to Duncan's Restaurant at 49 Victoria Street. They said there is ample parking to be had for our Stangs as well. The Plan is to be having Lunch for noon after a bit of chit chat in the parking lot. I will post all the details above as well as start a sign in list for each province. I have used the same meeting places as last year so if any of that needs edited please send me off a message. Are the routes that are there good again for this year?

Update Jan 30 2019

WEATHER PERMITTING watch for updates

Here are the meeting places and partial plans for each of the 3 provinces for the upcoming run. The potential routes are subject to change without notice. If you are planning on joining up at any of the meeting places please arrive on time and fuelled up and ready to roll at the set departure time. We will not be taking any type of roll call so if you show up late we may be gone and you will have to catch up. Also if you decide last minute to join up feel free the more the merrier. We will have Lunch at Duncan's in Amherst. For those who want to we will go to Tim's in Amherst after lunch as well. The plan is to leave Amherst and head back into our separate directions at around 2:30PM give or take. But anyone can leave when they feel they are ready. As always guys this is a fun trip and we would like everyone to drive safe and be responsible.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO BE ADDED TO THE RUN LIST IN THE FIRST POST

​​​​​​​For the NB crew,

Meet at the Champlain Place Parking Lot Tim Horton's for 9:00 fueled up and ready to roll. We will take some back roads depending on conditions and head towards Aulac to meet up with the PEI crew for a 10:30 departure towards Amherst. The plan is to be in Amherst at Duncan's for 11:30 or so.

For the PEI crew,
Meet a 9:00 at the Cornwall Tim's fueled up & coffee on board for cars Ch'town & East. Meet West cars at Gateway Village parking lot @ 9:30 to form up & make the run across the Confederation Bridge. About a 45 min run to Aulac Big Stop, so a couple of minutes for a pit stop & meet up NB cars for a 10:30 departure. PEI & NB cars should roll in to Amherst for 11:30.

For the NS crew,
Option 1 for those leaving Halifax Dartmouth - heading to Amherst

Leave Enfield Tim’s at 8:30 am
Travel on TCH to Onslow exit 4A. Turn left on RT 2/4
Take old road to Masstown Market - a short stop here to pick up a sandwich or a coffee 15 minutes. max here!
Anyone from points east can meet us here. 9:15 planned arrival

9:30 Continue to Glenholme, then turn left - on to Great Village on RT 4 ,
continue to Economy- Parrsboro. There is a small Tim’s in Parrsboro if a bathroom break is required.
Leave Parrsboro and head on RT 2 to Amherst

Should arrive by 11:45

Back