2nd Annual Maritime Mustang Spring Run Saturday May 4th 2019

2001BlackGTvert

Administrator
Staff member
Updated April 14 2019

SPRING RUN SATURDAY MAY 4th 2019

WEATHER PERMITTING watch for update

Hey everyone,

Due to the overwhelming success of our spring run we have to make a venu change for lunch on Saturday. Our group will be too big for Duncan's Pub. So we will be going to Teazers pub instead in Amherst. They are located at 10 Gerard Avenue They have plenty of room and a decent menu to boot so we should be good to go. https://m.facebook.com/Teazers-pub-a...8949694112140/

The Plan is to be having Lunch for Noon after a bit of chit chat in the parking lot. I have used the same meeting places as last year so if any of that needs edited please send me off a message. Are the routes that are there good again for this year? Please see sign in sheet below as well.

Here are the meeting places and partial plans for each of the 3 provinces for the upcoming run. The potential routes are subject to change without notice. If you are planning on joining up at any of the meeting places please arrive on time and fuelled up and ready to roll at the set departure time. We will not be taking any type of roll call so if you show up late we may be gone and you will have to catch up. Also if you decide last minute to join up feel free the more the merrier. We will have Lunch at Teazers in Amherst. For those who want to we will go to Tim's in Amherst after lunch as well. The plan is to leave Amherst and head back into our separate directions at around 2:30PM give or take. But anyone can leave when they feel they are ready. As always guys this is a fun trip and we would like everyone to drive safe and be responsible.

Remember to bring your 2 way radios to communicate along the way.

For the NB crew,

Meet at the Champlain Place Parking Lot Tim Horton's for 9:00 fueled up and ready to roll. We will take some back roads depending on conditions and head towards the Aulac Big Stop for a bathroom break and to meet up with the PEI crew for a 10:30 departure towards Amherst. The plan is to be in Amherst at Teazers for 11:30 or so.

For the PEI crew,
Meet a 9:00 at the Cornwall Tim's fueled up and coffee on board. For cars in Charlottetown & East. Meet West cars at Gateway Village parking lot @ 9:30 to form up and make the run across the Confederation Bridge. About a 45 min run to Aulac Big Stop, so a couple of minutes for a pit stop & meet up NB cars for a 10:30 departure. PEI & NB cars should roll in to Amherst for 11:30.

For the NS crew, updated April 21

For those leaving Halifax Dartmouth - heading to Amherst

Leave Enfield Tim’s at 8:15am

Travel on TCH to Masstown Market - a short stop here to pick up a sandwich or a coffee
Anyone from points east can meet us here. 9:10planned arrival

Washrooms at the PetroCan - Tims or at the Masstown Market

9:30 we leave - Continue to Glenholme, turn left - on to Great Village on RT 4 , continue to Economy- Parrsboro. Expect to arrive Parrsboro at 10:30. There is a small Tim’s in Parrsboro and the Irving if a bathroom break is required. Not a big parking lot so we will make it work - for those who don’t need the bathroom stop turn right -continue 650m on route 2 north to the Ford dealer -

We Leave Parrsboro Ford Dealer at 10:55 and head on RT 2 to Amherst

At Southampton keep left on route 302, travel through Maccan

- small Detour at Nappan is clearly marked - we turn left.

Do not take Smith road - continue straight on the Southampton road , a right at Amherst point and we arrive in Amherst on route 6 .

Should arrive at Teazers by 11:45

LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO BE ADDED TO THE LIST

NEW BRUNSWICK

1.Charlie and Jennifer
2.Elide and Suzanne
3.Fred and Linda
4.Dave and Bev
5.Dave and Tanya
6.Al and Jackie
7.Martin and Christine
8.Jesse and Josianne
9,Phil + 1
10.Maxime + 1
11Alex +1
12Dana +1
13.Alex and Wanda
14.Andrew
15.Mike and the Misses
16.Joanne and Cory
17.David and Karen
18.Richard and Evelyn
19.Bill and Friend
20.Paul

NOVA SCOTIA CREW

1.Trevor and Aliona
2.Doug and Sharron
3.John and Carol
4.Kelly and Shannon
5.Gerry and Jackie
6.Paul and Gina
7.Lisa
8.Ron
9.Faye and Kevin
10.Carol and John
11.Joanna and Greg
12.Sheldon and Bonnie
13.Lorna and Roger
14.Kyle
15.Doug
16.Corey+1
17.Niena
18.Dave +1
19.Jason W
20.Alan
21.Dez
22.Bill
23.Leslie
24.Paul and Tracy
25.Glen & Sharon

PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND CREW

1.Howard
2.Aaron and Brenda
3.Kevin and Cindy
4.William and Natalie
5.Allan and Valerie
6.Jeff and Charlene
7.Mike and Buddy Steve
8 Joesph and Tracey
9.Henry and Sheila
10.Shane and Judy
11.Eamon
12.Norman and Alison

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great, worked out very well last year.
Considering what happened to Oxford location,
I think Amherst makes the most sense.

Being new to fourm I am wondering for spring run after all the different groups meet up at said spot. Do we then go for cruise around town as a group,stop & shoot the sh_t for a while, have small car show or maybe bite to eat as group. Just wondering what to expect.

We all left our designated meeting spots for each province. Most groups made a small cruise to Oxford on back roads and stuff out of it. Once in Oxford essentially we all parked our cars and had a shoot the Shit mini car show in a sense. We were across from Subway, Tim's and another restaurant so people ate when they were hungry. Next year we are planning to try and have a scheduled lunch in Amherst as well. No was no cruise as a group after meeting. Most groups took the long way home once we parted ways.

If anyone had suggestions feel free to share.

Masstown isn't a bad option to throw on the list. Gives a few options for chow & some spots for the co-pilots to browse after they finish up polishing the rides!

Yeah we discussed Masstown. The issue with Masstown that we found is it happens to be a beautiful weekend it may be super busy and give us some parking challenges and fodd challenges. This came from someone that has been there way more than me. Lol.

Masstown only has one real restaurant and its not cheap and its often quite busy.
Also it adds 30 + minutes to NB and PEI run, but shortens it that much for HRM group.
Oxford is almost dead centre as it were. With sink hole in Oxford, Amherst is next closest option.

As for runs, we had approx. 10 cars from each province so we all got a mini run
on way to and from meeting site. was a good day and great way to kick off season :)

Summer can't come soon enough for me either. I'm in Bathurst for work and the temperature showing on my vehicle Instructions Cluster is minus 24 without the wind chill.

Back