2nd Annual Maritime Mustang Spring Run Saturday May 4th 2019

Loving the suggestion of the Sunrise trail after lunch for the PEI crew. We do that run along the coast quite often and did it after the spring run last year. So it would be a great option for the NB crew as well to take it as far as Baie Verte or Port Elgin then head back to Moncton. That is what we will probably plan to do.

photo3267.jpgphoto3268.jpgphoto3269.jpgphoto3270.jpgphoto3271.jpg Wow what an awesome turnout today for our 2nd annual Tri Provinve Spring run. The weather cleared up after a bit and for the most part we had decent roads. We had excellent turnout with 47 cars total. 20 from NB, 17 from NS and 11 from PEI. A little over 80 people so a very good turnout. Thank you everyone for taking the time to join our cruise. It was very nice to see old faces and meet some new people. Always fun to be out in the car.

Great run, weather turned out better than expected first of the week.
Excellent job, by Charlie for putting it together with special thanks
to Jen, Aaron and Gerry getting everyone organized and getting them there.

Was great to see some old faces and lots of new people as well.
Hopefully we see the new folks again at up coming events.

Not 100% sure but I think final numbers were 49, maybe if you count Phil for
part of run :)

Last edited:
S197CS;n30533 said:
Good that it turned out allright at the end! Unfortunate, i didn’t even camber bolts on mine ... but i did want negative camber haha. Pictures required! Now i am curious of the new look! ?

I don't track it at all , and it's mostly highway road trips, last tires were totally chewed on the inside down to the belts, so didn't want that to happen again , will get pic up shortly with details

Mineral Grey;n30529 said:
I'm really bummed out for not making it , but had some issues at the shop while getting it lowered , couldn't get it to line up , issues with camber bolts and alignment machine...
got it back Monday looks good and handles good .

I have three words if you are dropping and want to control camber, "Caster-Camber plates"!

Mineral Grey;n30536 said:
I don't track it at all , and it's mostly highway road trips, last tires were totally chewed on the inside down to the belts, so didn't want that to happen again , will get pic up shortly with details

If you have negative camber, which there is usually some from the factory anyway, toe needs to be closed just a tad to prevent that chewing of insides.
Not much, just a fraction of a degree. Like .03 to .05 of a degree.

Suggestion for next years spring run, given the number of people and issues getting fed etc. Especially as it is getting bigger and bigger.

How about doing it as a mini car show, get a local community group to organize a BBQ (so they can earn some money), get the Amherst tourist office involved, as they run lots of local events, maybe partner with the local Ford Dealer and hold it there?

By doing it this way it will be really social, people can enjoy the bbq or bring there own food and we can all enjoy seeing each other’s cars, get some great photos etc and get fed as well!!

What do people think?

Back