2024 GT Convertible

KBStang

I was looking at newer Mustangs and was looking for a blue 2018 or 2019 GT convertible. Not a lot on the market, and the ones I had a harder look at had a lot of dings, bad Carfax reports, or other issues. I decided to look at a new one and did a search for a blue 2024 GT convertible online at every Ford dealer in Canada. There were three Atlas Blue GT convertibles in Canada, none optioned near what I wanted.

On Dec 18, I went into Fair Isle Ford in Charlottetown and ordered an Atlas Blue GT with the 401A package, auto, AV exhaust, and grey interior. Salesman advised that they placed orders at the first of each month and that based on past orders, I would likely receive the car sometime in May.

I checked with the dealer on Jan 10, order had been placed on Jan 2, and they had no new information.

I went to the dealer on Feb 20, salesman checked his computer, advised that he could not find anything, and asked me to come in the following day as the “order guy” was not in. It turned out that the order number had been changed - the salesman was querying the old order number which was showing as “cancelled”.

I went back to the dealer on Feb 21 - to my surprise, he advised that the car had been built and was on the way. He provided me the VIN and order number with which I was able to access the window sticker and Ford online tracker. The online tracker was showing a delivery date between March 6 - 12.

On the morning of Feb 29, the online tracker was showing a delivery date of March 2 - 8. I called my salesman - he advised his tracker was showing the car in northern NB. That afternoon I got a call from the salesman advising that they had just unloaded the car at the dealership. I went to the dealership and inspected the car and found no issues. The dealer advised that they should have the PDI finished the following afternoon. I could not believe that it had been less than 2 months from order to delivery.

On March 1 I went to the dealer and picked up the car. It was -10 and the roads were bare. I carefully drove the car home and put it in the garage. I washed it the following day and spent some time syncing a phone and familiarizing myself with the various electronics and dash. While it is plated and insured, it likely will not be on the road until at least early April when conditions improve. Looking forward to some road trips this coming Mustang season.

Not a huge fan of the standard GT wheels - will likely replace them at some point. Also looking at front lips and other accessories, but will likely keep it stock until I at least get the break in miles in.

2024 Mustang ShippedBL.jpegIMG_6331.jpegIMG_1921.jpegIMG_6392.jpegIMG_6379.jpeg

Congrats on the new 'vert, looks great !!

There's something satisfying about the ordering process and getting exactly what you want, right off the line and right off the trailer.

I've ordered vehicles since my '06 GT, few and far between to find the right vehicle on the lot, but it does happen.

Back